About - Dr. Shiva Shankar
- MBBS: JJM Medical College Davanagere, Mysore University in 1979
- MS (General Surgery): Govt. Stanley Medical College, Madras University in 1983
- M.Ch (Urology): Govt. Madras Medical College, Madras University in 1986
- FICS: Fellow of International College of Surgeon in 1986
- Madras Medical College, Madras 1980
- Govt. Stanly Hospital, Madras 1981-1983
- Vijaya Hospital, Madras 1983-1984
- Chengalpet Medical College and Hospital, Tamilnadu 1984-1986
- Assist Prof. in Urology at Madras Medical College and Govt. General Hospital, Madras 1986-89
- Visiting Prof of Urology at JJM Medical College, Davanagere
- Started Dept of Urology Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore in 1991
Field of Expertise:
GENERAL Urology, ENDO Urology, PAEDIATRIC Urology, URO Oncology, ANDROLOGY, GYNAE-Urology, RENAL TRANSPLANT Surgery
- Performed over 2000 renal transplantations
- 4000 percutaneous renal surgeries for stone and other conditions
- Performed over 7000 ureteroscopic procedures for ureteric stones and other ureteral problems
- Performed over 13000 Tran’s urethral procedures for prostate, bladder tumours and urethral conditions, around 6000 prostate operations,
- Over 20000 patients had successful treatment for urinary tract stone disease and many Uro – Oncology Procedures.
Visited the following urological centers and university hospitals in USA and been trained in the following sub-specialties.
- Memorial Sloan Catering Cancer Institute, New York, USA – Radical procedures like radical cystectomy, radical prostatectomy and bladder reconstruction operations
- Minnesota University Hospital, Minneapolis, USA – Reconstructive urological procedures – continent diversions and neo bladders following bladder removal.
- Loma Linda University Medical Centre, Loma Linda USA – Had training in artificial sphincter prosthesis surgery for urinary incontinence.
- Georgia a Baptist Medical, Atlanta, USA – Penile implant procedure for impotence. Use of lasers in the treatment of prostate gland enlargement and in the treatment of urinary stones.
Education - Dr. Shiva Shankar
MBBS: JJM Medical College Davanagere, Mysore University in 1979
MS (General Surgery): Govt. Stanley Medical College, Madras University in 1983
M.Ch (Urology): Govt. Madras Medical College, Madras University in 1986
FICS: Fellow of International College of Surgeon in 1986