Dr. Shiva Shankar, Urology - Bangalore, India
About - Dr. Shiva Shankar
- MBBS: JJM Medical College Davanagere, Mysore University in 1979
- MS (General Surgery): Govt. Stanley Medical College, Madras University in 1983
- M.Ch (Urology): Govt. Madras Medical College, Madras University in 1986
- FICS: Fellow of International College of Surgeon in 1986
- Madras Medical College, Madras 1980
- Govt. Stanly Hospital, Madras 1981-1983
- Vijaya Hospital, Madras 1983-1984
- Chengalpet Medical College and Hospital, Tamilnadu 1984-1986
- Assist Prof. in Urology at Madras Medical College and Govt. General Hospital, Madras 1986-89
- Visiting Prof of Urology at JJM Medical College, Davanagere
- Started Dept of Urology Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore in 1991
Field of Expertise:
GENERAL Urology, ENDO Urology, PAEDIATRIC Urology, URO Oncology, ANDROLOGY, GYNAE-Urology, RENAL TRANSPLANT Surgery
- Performed over 2000 renal transplantations
- 4000 percutaneous renal surgeries for stone and other conditions
- Performed over 7000 ureteroscopic procedures for ureteric stones and other ureteral problems
- Performed over 13000 Tran’s urethral procedures for prostate, bladder tumours and urethral conditions, around 6000 prostate operations,
- Over 20000 patients had successful treatment for urinary tract stone disease and many Uro – Oncology Procedures.
Visited the following urological centers and university hospitals in USA and been trained in the following sub-specialties.
- Memorial Sloan Catering Cancer Institute, New York, USA – Radical procedures like radical cystectomy, radical prostatectomy and bladder reconstruction operations
- Minnesota University Hospital, Minneapolis, USA – Reconstructive urological procedures – continent diversions and neo bladders following bladder removal.
- Loma Linda University Medical Centre, Loma Linda USA – Had training in artificial sphincter prosthesis surgery for urinary incontinence.
- Georgia a Baptist Medical, Atlanta, USA – Penile implant procedure for impotence. Use of lasers in the treatment of prostate gland enlargement and in the treatment of urinary stones.
MBBS: JJM Medical College Davanagere, Mysore University in 1979 MS (General Surgery): Govt. Stanley Medical College, Madras University in 1983 M.Ch (Urology): Govt. Madras Medical College, Madras University in 1986 FICS: Fellow of International College of Surgeon in 1986
|Manipal Hospital Treatment Prices in Bangalore, India||Prices||Enquire|
|Brain Cancer in Bangalore, India||$8900||Enquire|
|Knee Replacement Total or Partial in Bangalore, India||$6600||Enquire|
|Hip Replacement Surgery Partial or Total in Bangalore, India||$6600||Enquire|
|Liver Transplant in Bangalore, India||$45000||Enquire|
|CABG in Bangalore, India||$6000||Enquire|
|Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Bangalore, India||$35000||Enquire|
|Kidney Transplant in Bangalore, India||$11500||Enquire|
|Atrial Septal Defect in Bangalore, India||$6084||Enquire|
|Heart Valve Replacement Surgery in Bangalore, India||$6084||Enquire|
|Congenital Heart Defects in Bangalore, India||$4652||Enquire|
PlacidWay.com provides information and travel related services. We do not provide health care services. We provide information solely for informational purposes and do not endorse any particular health care provider or facility or any particular health care service or treatment. We are not affiliated with any health care provider or service and we are not responsible for any health care service. Please consult with your own domestic licensed health care provider before seeking the services of any health care provider you learn about via our site.