1996 Medical Doctor, University “Magna Graecia”, Catanzaro, Italy
2001 Postgraduate studies in Internal Medicine, University “Magna Graecia”, Catanzaro, Italy
From 2001 to 2005 I have expanded my knowledge in electrophysiology in several Italian (San Donato Milanese, Spedali Civili of Brescia, San Raffaele Hospital of Milan) and European (Zwolle, Netherland) Centres.
2014 attended the Heart Rhythm Management Centre Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel and is certified for the procedures for treatment of atrial fibrillation by cryoenergy (CRYOBALLON)
2015 attendend the Training Centre of Medtronic in Minneapolis and is certified for the procedures of leadless pacemaker (MICRA-TPS)
From 2005 to 2012 Director of the Electrophysiology Unit of the Sant’Anna Hospital in Catanzaro. Currently, Coordinator of Electrophysiology Unit at GVM Care & Research and Director of the Electrophysiology Unit of the Maria Cecilia Hospital in Cotignola (RA) and Anthea Hospital in Bari, referent for electrophysiologists not only in Italy but also in Europe.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
Electrophysiology; Catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias; Ablation of atrial fibrillation; Cryoablation of Atrial fibrillation; Ablation of ventricular tachycardia; Nonfluoroscopic mapping; Cardiac pacing; Biventricular pacing; Remote control of implantable devices.
FIC (Italian Federation of Cardiology)
AIAC (Italian Association of Pacing and Arrhythmology)
ESC (European Society of Cardiology)
EHRS (European Heart Rhythm Society)
EAE (European Association of Echocardiography)
AFA (Heart Failure Association of the ESC)
ACC (American College of Cardiology)
Munich, 2008: Fellowship ESC (European Society of Cardiology)
Atlanta, 2010: Fellowship ACC (American College of Cardiology)
PARTICIPATION IN CLINICAL TRIALS
- 1999: Effect of lercanidipine 10 mg on Blood Pressure and Heart Rate vs Felodipine or Nifedipine GITS 10 mg vs 30 mg in Adult Patients Suffering from Hypertension and Mild-Moderate. Protocol No. REC15 /2375 SVIC 0001
- 2001: Epidemiological Observatory National Cardiovascular Diseases. Survey on Risk Factors. Centro Studi ANMCO-Institute of Health.
-1998: Multicenter, Randomized, Double Blind Comparision of Fosinopril and Amlodipine for the Treatment of Men and Women with Hypertension Associated with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, with or without Albuminuria (FOAM Study).
- 1999:Telmisartan vs Losartan in Hypertension (A PROBE Trial).
- 2000: Omapatrilat Versus Enalapril Randomized Trial of Utility in Reducing Events (OVERTURE).
- 2003: EXTRACT TIMI 25.
- 2005: APAF Study (Ablate and Pace in Atrial Fibrillation plus Heart Failure Trial)
- 2006: LODO-CRT Study (evaluation of the predictive power of the echo-stress test with dobutamine in response to cardiac resynchronization therapy).
- 2008: SAFE-ICD (SAFEty to two strategies of ICD management at implantation).
- 2010: MORE-CARE (Trial to Assess Remote Monitoring Impact on Heart Failure Patients and Healthcare Utilization).
- 2010 System Longevity Study (Evaluating Reliability and Performance of Medtronic Cardiac Therapy Products (SLS)
- 2014 (GARFIELD) Global Anticoagulant Registry In the FIELD - “Prospective, multi centre, international registry of male and female patients newly diagnosed with atrial fibrillation.”
- 2015 CRYO-FIRST (Catheter Cryoablation versus Antiarrhythmic Drug as First-Line Therapy of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation).