Coronary Angioplasty & Stent Insertion in Seoul, South Korea
When your chest pain isn’t improving despite lifestyle changes and prescribed medications, you might consider having a Coronary Angioplasty!
PlacidKorea-Ascle InterMed, Seoul, South Korea, a renowned provider of global health care related services at affordable prices is now offering a Coronary Angioplasty Package!
What Is Coronary Angioplasty?
Coronary Angioplasty is also known as percutaneous coronary intervention, is a minimally invasive procedure used to unclog plaqued heart arteries. It involves inserting a tiny ballon thru the groin and inflating to help widen the clogged artery.
Most of the time, Angioplasty is combined with a permanent placement of a stent (or a small wire mesh tube) to keep the artery open and prevent the narrowing of the blood vessel. Nowadays, stents are sometimes coated with medications (drug-eluting stents) to keep the stented artery open while others still use the bare-metal stents.
Best candidates are patients who have:
- Atherosclerosis (fat plaques inside the heart's blood vessels)
- Worsening cardiac conditions even when lifestyle changes or medications aren't enough to improve your health
- A heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Cardiac conditions or coronary stenoses
- Needs restenosis (stented blood vessel is clogged again)
- worsening angina (chest pain)
Coronary Angioplasty Cost
The package costs $9,000-$11,000 USD and it already includes diagnostic tests such as echocardiography, cardiac CT and angiography and a 1-night hospital stay. However, if stenting is required, the patient needs to stay in the hospital for 3-5 days and an additional $3,000-$4,000 will be included in the total bill. The total cost for tests and 1 stent procedure is $15,000-$19,000.
Advantages of Angioplasty at PlacidKorea-Ascle:
- Improves symptoms of fat plaqued arteries, such as shortness of breath and chest pains.
- Useful during a heart attack because it quickly opens a blocked artery
- It reduces the amount of damage to your heart vessels.
- Drops the risk of a heart attack
- Improves blood circulation to the heart and its vessels
- Allows you to slowly resume your daily activities
- Improves your chance of survival
- Improves your quality of life