High Intensive Focus Ultrasound for Prostate Cancer Package in Otwock, Poland
Prostate cancer is a form of cancer that develops in the prostate, a gland located at the intersection of the urinary tract with the genital one in men. The large majority of prostate cancers grow slowly; however, there are cases when prostate cancer develops aggressively.
HIFU for Prostate Cancer Overview
HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) is one of the latest treatment methods of localized prostate cancer. HIFU uses ultrasound to destroy cancerous tissue. Basically, the operating principle is based on the use of pulsed ultrasound (US) for destructing the tissues by issuing large amounts of energy at their level.
The pulsating energy is concentrated into a small focal point, which result in a very high temperature and, therefore, a very well-defined tissue damage. The temperature drops significantly beyond the point of focus, thus limiting cell destruction to a well-defined lesion area. The removal of the entire prostate is obtained by creating numerous adjacent HIFU lesions until the entire 3D volume of the prostate was covered, but without damaging the rectal wall and glandular capsule.
Benefits of HIFU for Prostate Cancer
- The procedure is minimally invasive
- It can be repeated in case of failure or insufficient treatment
- It can be performed after radical prostatectomy or after radiation therapy
- Side effects that may occur during the radiant treatment or classic surgery are avoided
- Sexual function and continence are preserved
- Length of hospitalization is minimal
Why Choose Us?
- The most modern private hospital in the country
- World-class diagnostic testing
- Modern equipment, ensuring medical services of the highest quality
- Award winning medicine
- Top notch, accurate cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Unique Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Cooperation with the best medical care centers in Poland and worldwide
Find out everything about the High Intensity Ultrasound for Prostate Cancer Package available at European Health Centre Otwock! Get in touch with us!