Stem Cell Kidney Treatment in Mexico City- Drugs that Might Cause Kidney Failure

Stem Cell Therapy for Kidney Failure in Mexico City, Mexico Stem Cell Kidney Treatment in Mexico - Drugs that Cause Kidney Failure

MexStemCells is a renowned provider of stem cell therapy for kidney failure. They also take initiative to make people well-informed about how to take the right precautions that can eventually lead to a successful treatment. Here, they have highlighted about some medications that can cause kidney failure/ drugs that must be avoided by a person having kidney ailment.

Regardless of its specific function, drugs, in general, represent a great advance in the science against acute diseases and chronic diseases.

However, medications can harm the body due to two primary factors. Self-medication that implies the incorrect use of certain substances and secondly, adverse side effects due to the toxicity of a specific medicine.

When a medicine, (no matter what it is designed for) interferes with the natural functioning of the kidneys, it is said to be a nephrotoxic drug. Some of these medications are over-the-counter, so you should moderate your consumption and some others are prescribed for serious illnesses so there is no alternative but to take them.

If you had any kidney disease you should moderate or avoid the use of the following substances to reduce the risk of developing kidney failure.

Anti-inflammatories - Most anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs) disrupt the circulation of blood to the kidney, this effect is reversible but if the consumption of anti-inflammatory drugs is constant you can cause an acute renal failure.

Amphetamines - The use of amphetamines destroys the muscle cells at a very high speed, so the kidney cannot eliminate all the waste of destroyed muscle, which causes it to become saturated and eventually results in renal failure.

Analgesics - The abuse in the consumption of analgesics begins to destroy the cells of the kidney, this condition is called analgesic nephropathy and is a cause of kidney failure.

Antibiotics - The antibiotics of the family of cephalosporins and some penicillin’s have a minimal risk of causing a kidney swelling (nephritis), but if you have a history of kidney disease you should tell your doctor to prescribe another type of antibiotic.

Contrast media - The contrast media are nephrotoxic, 70% of the people who are given these fluids recover, but the remaining 30% is left with permanent kidney damage, diabetics and people with previous kidney damage are especially vulnerable.


If you want to know more about how to take care of your kidney health, click the button below:


by: MexStemCells Clinic

2019-05-02 / Updated on: 2021-12-05

Shares Comments

Free Call