Guatemala Medical Tourism
Guatemala: Heart of the Mayan Civilization
Dense jungles, beautiful sceneries, volcanoes, Mayan ruins, and even the look and feel of an old Spanish metropolis can be found within the boundaries of one of the most beautiful countries in Central America. Ever since Cortéz defeated the Mayan Indian Empire in the 17th Century, Guatemala has developed into a land that knows how to accept the old and the new and blends it into one cohesive culture.
Guatemala in a Snapshot:
- Currency: Quetzal
- Language: Spanish
- Climate: Tropical climate with temperatures ranging from 68?F to 99?F. Lots of rainfall during the rainy season (May - September).
- Capital: Guatemala City
Not very many people know anything about Guatemala. If they've even ever heard of the place, all they probably know is that it isn’t Mexico and that there are a lot of jungles and Mayan ruins. As a matter of fact, the Mayan ruins are probably the most widely known aspect of Guatemala. However, there are many other attractions that Guatemala has to offer. Sure, there are ruins and jungles, but there are also volcanoes (the highest volcano in Central America is in Guatemala) and there are rivers and lakes full of fish for anglers, water skiers, swimmers, and other fun activities.
Guatemala is a blend of the old (the Mayan ruins) and the new (modern-day cities like Guatemala City and Zacapa). Venture to Antigua Guatemala to visit a Mayan temple or see colonial architecture one day, and the next day climb to the 20th floor of one of the Pacifica Plaza buildings. Of course, if jungles and ruins are all that you're interested in, then there is plenty of that to go around.
Guatemala offers visitors rich dining experiences, exquisite shopping opportunities and of course, lots of friendly people who will be more than happy to show you around.
Why Health Tourism in Guatemala?
Medical tourism is very popular today, and why not? Countries like Guatemala want to take advantage of the new phenomenon so they prepare themselves by ensuring that their surgeons are safer and more qualified than ever before. Going to Guatemala for a face lift or a breast augmentation surgery can actually be a lot cheaper than costs incurred in the United States and you can enjoy different activities that Guatemala has to offer while you're there.
If you're interested in dental care, obesity treatments, cardiac procedures or more, Guatemala offers several high-tech facilities to treat a multitude of conditions. High standards of care, training, experience and expertise await medical travelers to this little known, but globally developing country in Central America.
10 Fun Things to do in Guatemala
- Visit the Mayan ruins at Antigua Guatemala (Ancient Guatemala)
- Climb one of the two volcanoes (Tajumulco, which is the highest volcano in Central America, or Tolimán)
- Ride the Río Dulce (Sweet River)
- Ride a horse, bicycle or truck from Quetzaltepeque to San Luis Jiltepeque to the capital of Jalapa
- Grab a cup of Joe: Guatemala has some of the best coffee in the world
- Fish, fish, fish! There are many places to fish in Guatemala, at some of the most scenic rivers and lakes in the world.
- Take a dip at some of the same rivers and lakes where you can go fishing.
- Shop 'til you drop. Guatemala still has shopping centers and malls where you can find just about anything from designer shoes to hand-made hammocks (and Guatemalan hammocks are ridiculously comfortable)
- Eat all the traditional dishes you can find.
- Explore the jungles; just make sure you get yourself a tour guide first.
Guatemala is a beautiful place to visit for everyone. If you're looking to enjoy an excursion through the jungle, or a visit to a foreign concrete jungle or just a relaxing and beautiful vacation, Guatemala is the place to visit for all these things and more.