Dr. Dimitrios Giakoustidis, Transplant Surgeon - Thessaloniki, Greece28 - 30 Ioustinianou Str., 546 31 Thessaloniki, Greece
About - Dr. Dimitrios Giakoustidis
Current Academic Appointment:
Since May 2014, Associate Professor of Surgeryand Transplantation, Division of Transplant Surgery, Department of Surgery, Aristotle University, Hippokration General Hospital Thessaloniki, Greece.
Previous Academic Appointments:
Since October 2002 up to May 2014, Lecturer of Surgery and Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery, Department of Surgery, Aristotle University, Hippokration General Hospital Thessaloniki, Greece.
Current Private Appointment:
Since 2005 Private Practise as HPB and General Surgeon in Private Office and Private Hospitals of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Experience in General, HPB and Transplantation Surgery:
Broad experience in HPB surgery (major and complex liver resections including Klatskin tumors, pancreatectomies, Whiples), liver and kidney transplantations, multiorgan retrievals (more than 200 retrievals) endocrine surgery laparoscopic colorectal, and general surgery in both Hellenic NHS and private sector for more than 10 years.
Training in General Surgery:
September 1997 – December 2004 Resident in General Surgery and in Transplant Surgery in Fifth Surgical Division and in Division of Transplant Surgery, Department of Surgery, Aristotle University, Hippokration
General Hospital Thessaloniki, Greece. Board exams in order to received certificate of completing training in General Surgery at April 2005.
Fellowship in HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation:
Visiting Transplant Fellow, Liver Unit, University Hospital of Birmingham, January - July 2006. During
this period I was trained in liver transplantation, hepatic, biliary, pancreatic surgery, and multi-organ retrievals.
Post graduate Surgical Training
1. From August to September 2009 I have visited the Department of Surgery, Division of HPB/LT, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, in order to be specialized in Liver and Pancreas surgery, especially in complex hepatic surgery and in living donor liver transplantation (LDLT)
2. From July to August 2005 I have visited the Department of General Surgery, University Hospital of Heidelberg, in order to gain a broader experience in pancreatic surgery.
- Medical Degree from Medical School, Democretus University of Thrace, October 1995
- PhD from Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, April 2001Lecturer of Surgery, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki October 2002
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, April 2008
- Associate Professor of Surgery and Transplantation, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, May 2014
Medical School of Democretus University of Thrace, Greece on 1995
PhD Degree: Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki on 2001
|Sarafianos Hospital Prices in Thessaloniki Greece||Prices||Enquire|
|Mastectomy in Thessaloniki, Greece||$4822||Enquire|
|Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal in Thessaloniki, Greece||$5098||Enquire|
|Liposuction in Thessaloniki, Greece||$6596||Enquire|
|Breast Reduction in Thessaloniki, Greece||$8667||Enquire|
|Nose Surgery Rhinoplasty in Thessaloniki, Greece||$8232||Enquire|
|Varicose Veins in Thessaloniki, Greece||$1264||Enquire|
|Ear Surgery in Thessaloniki, Greece||$4174||Enquire|
|Eyelid Surgery in Thessaloniki, Greece||$5725||Enquire|
|Tummy Tuck Surgery in Thessaloniki, Greece||$10813||Enquire|
|Knee Replacement Total or Partial in Thessaloniki, Greece||$10969||Enquire|
PlacidWay.com provides information and travel related services. We do not provide health care services. We provide information solely for informational purposes and do not endorse any particular health care provider or facility or any particular health care service or treatment. We are not affiliated with any health care provider or service and we are not responsible for any health care service. Please consult with your own domestic licensed health care provider before seeking the services of any health care provider you learn about via our site.