Gastric Sleeve Surgery for Weight loss in Baku, Azerbaijan
Weight Loss Surgery in Baku, Azerbaijan
Welcome to Liv Bona Dea Hospital in Baku, Azerbaijan, where your journey to a healthier you begins. Are you tired of struggling with weight loss? If so, consider gastric sleeve surgery, a life-changing procedure that can help you shed extra pounds and improve your overall health. At Liv Bona Dea, we understand the challenges of weight loss, and our team of experienced healthcare professionals is committed to supporting you every step of the way. With state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology, our hospital provides a safe and comfortable environment for your surgery.
Table of Content • Cost • Inclusions • Exclusions • Benefits • Process • FAQs • How to Book
Gastric sleeve surgery, also known as sleeve gastrectomy, involves reducing the size of your stomach to limit food intake and promote weight loss. Unlike other weight loss surgeries, this procedure does not involve rerouting the digestive system, resulting in fewer complications and a faster recovery time. Our skilled surgeons at Liv Bona Dea will guide you through the entire process, from pre-surgical assessments to post-operative care. With personalized treatment plans and ongoing support, we aim to empower you to achieve your weight loss goals and improve your quality of life. Unlock a healthier you today with gastric sleeve surgery at Liv Bona Dea Hospital. Take the first step towards a better future by contacting us for a consultation.
Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Baku, Azerbaijan
The cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery varies significantly based on the country and specific medical facilities. In Baku, Azerbaijan, the procedure is priced at approximately $5,500. In comparison, in the United States, the surgery can cost anywhere between $15,000 to $25,000. Over in the United Kingdom, patients can expect to pay between £8,000 to £15,000.
|$15,000 - $25,000
|£8,000 - £15,000
Note: Price can be different or change depending on the complexity of the procedure. Contact our Customer Representative for a free quote.
Package Inclusions in Gastric Sleeve Surgery at Baku
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Package Inclusions in Baku, Azerbaijan:
- Initial Consultation: An opportunity for the patient to discuss their concerns, ask questions, and for the surgeon to assess suitability for the surgery.
- Surgical Procedure Fees: This covers the cost of the surgeon, anesthetist, and the medical team involved in the procedure.
- Hospital Stay: A standard duration of hospitalization post-surgery is usually included. It covers the room, nursing care, meals, and necessary medications.
- Post-operative Follow-ups: Scheduled consultations after the surgery to monitor the patient’s recovery, address any concerns, and provide guidance on diet, activity, and care.
- Nutritionist Consultation: As diet plays a crucial role post-surgery, a consultation with a nutritionist is provided to guide the patient on appropriate food choices and eating habits.
- Post-operative Medications: Essential medications that are required after the surgery, such as pain relief, antibiotics, or any other necessary drugs.
Exclusions for Gastric Sleeve Surgery Package in Baku, Azerbaijan:
- Travel Expenses: Airfare, local transportation, and other related travel costs are generally not included.
- Accommodation: Outside of the hospital stay, additional accommodation for recovery or for companions might not be covered.
- Extended Hospitalization: If a patient requires an extended stay in the hospital beyond what's standard, there might be additional charges.
- Additional Tests: Any unplanned tests or examinations not mentioned in the package.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses such as phone bills, additional meals, or services availed at the hospital.
Pre-Op Tests for Gastric Sleeve
- Blood tests: Blood tests may be conducted to assess the patient's overall health and check for any underlying conditions such as anemia or blood clotting disorders.
- Urine tests: Urine tests may be performed to assess kidney function and to check for any underlying urinary tract infections.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): An ECG may be conducted to assess the patient's heart function and identify any potential risks for heart complications during the surgery.
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests such as X-rays, CT scans, or ultrasounds may be conducted to identify the location and size of the fat deposits to be removed.
- Physical examination: A physical examination may be conducted to assess the patient's general health, including their weight, height, blood pressure, and any visible signs of medical conditions.
- Medical history review: A review of the patient's medical history may also be conducted to identify any pre-existing medical conditions that may increase the risks associated with the surgery.
Benefits of Baku, Azerbaijan for Gastric Sleeve Procedure
Here are the Benefits of Choosing Baku, Azerbaijan for Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
- World-class Medical Facilities: Baku boasts modern hospitals and clinics equipped with the latest technology, ensuring patients receive top-notch medical care.
- Skilled Surgeons: The city has highly-trained and experienced bariatric surgeons who follow international standards and protocols, guaranteeing successful outcomes.
- Affordability: Baku offers gastric sleeve surgery at a fraction of the cost compared to Western countries, without compromising on quality.
- Cultural Experience: Besides medical services, Baku provides an opportunity to explore Azerbaijani culture, heritage, and the city's architectural wonders.
- Tourism Opportunities: Patients can recover while enjoying Baku's scenic views, from the Flame Towers to the shores of the Caspian Sea, making the recovery process more pleasant.
- Easy Accessibility: Baku is well-connected to major cities worldwide, making it convenient for international patients to travel.
- Personalized Care: Hospitals in Baku prioritize patient care, ensuring a comfortable and personalized experience from consultation to recovery.
Procedure of Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Baku, Azerbaijan
The Gastric Sleeve Surgery, also known as a vertical sleeve gastrectomy, is a popular weight loss surgery option that has gained momentum in Baku's top-tier medical facilities. Here's a breakdown of the procedure:
- Consultation: Patients first undergo a thorough medical evaluation to determine their eligibility for the surgery. This includes a series of tests and discussions about medical history, weight loss goals, and potential risks.
- Pre-surgery Guidelines: Prior to the procedure, patients may be advised to follow a specific diet and exercise regimen to reduce liver size and body fat. This makes the surgery smoother and reduces potential complications.
- Anesthesia: The surgery is performed under general anesthesia, ensuring the patient is asleep and feels no pain throughout the procedure.
- Making Incisions: The surgeon makes small incisions in the abdomen to insert laparoscopic tools. This minimally invasive approach speeds up recovery and leaves minimal scarring.
- Removing Part of the Stomach: About 75-80% of the stomach is carefully and precisely removed, leaving a banana-shaped "sleeve" that serves as the new, smaller stomach.
- Sealing the Stomach: The remaining edges of the stomach are sealed using surgical staples. The reduced stomach size limits food intake and promotes early satiety.
- Monitoring: After the procedure, patients are moved to a recovery area where their vital signs are closely monitored.
Why Choose Liv Bona Dea Hospital in Baku for weight loss
Choosing Liv Bona Dea Hospital in Baku for weight loss can be a wise decision for several reasons:
- Experienced Medical Team: Liv Bona Dea Hospital is known for its experienced and skilled medical professionals, including bariatric surgeons, dietitians, and fitness experts. They have a proven track record in helping individuals achieve their weight loss goals safely.
- Comprehensive Weight Loss Programs: The hospital offers a range of comprehensive weight loss programs tailored to individual needs. These programs often include surgical and non-surgical options, such as gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, and gastric balloon procedures, along with personalized diet and exercise plans.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Liv Bona Dea Hospital boasts modern and well-equipped facilities that adhere to international healthcare standards. This ensures that patients receive top-quality care throughout their weight loss journey.
- Multidisciplinary Approach: Weight loss is a multifaceted challenge, and Liv Bona Dea Hospital understands this. They employ a multidisciplinary approach, involving various specialists, to address the physical, psychological, and nutritional aspects of weight management.
- Individualized Care: Each patient's weight loss journey is unique, and Liv Bona Dea Hospital recognizes this by providing personalized treatment plans. They consider factors such as a patient's medical history, current health status, and weight loss goals when designing a program.
Certainly! Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding gastric sleeve surgery in Baku, Azerbaijan:
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery, also known as sleeve gastrectomy, is a weight loss procedure that involves removing a portion of the stomach to create a smaller, banana-shaped stomach pouch. This reduces the capacity for food intake and helps with weight loss.
Who is a Candidate for Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Candidates for gastric sleeve surgery typically have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher or a BMI of 35-39.9 with obesity-related health issues, such as diabetes or hypertension.
Is Gastric Sleeve Surgery Safe?
Gastric sleeve surgery is generally considered safe when performed by experienced surgeons in accredited hospitals. Like any surgery, it carries risks, including infection, bleeding, and complications related to anesthesia.
How Long Does the Surgery Take?
The surgery itself usually takes about 1-2 hours, although the total time in the hospital may be longer due to pre-operative preparations and post-operative recovery.
What is the Recovery Time?
Recovery times can vary, but most patients can return to their normal activities within a few weeks. Full recovery may take several months.
Will There Be Dietary Changes After Surgery?
Yes, patients will need to make significant dietary changes after gastric sleeve surgery. Initially, they will follow a liquid diet and then transition to soft foods before gradually reintroducing regular foods in smaller portions.
How Much Weight Can I Expect to Lose?
The amount of weight loss varies from person to person, but patients often lose a significant amount of weight in the first year after surgery. On average, patients can expect to lose about 60-70% of their excess body weight.
Are There Potential Risks or Complications?
While gastric sleeve surgery is generally safe, there can be risks and complications, such as infection, leakage at the staple line, and vitamin deficiencies. It's crucial to discuss these with your surgeon.
Ready to take the first step towards a healthier you? Discover the benefits of gastric sleeve surgery in Baku, Azerbaijan! Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our experienced bariatric surgeons. Your journey to lasting weight loss starts here!