We provide patient-centered quality health care...
We are dedicated to providing customer driven state-of-the-art health care solutions to all customers. With a team of highly qualified and experienced staff, together with a range of the best technology, Medcorp Limited ensures that all our patients receive the best treatment possible.
Our Clinical Services:
- Surgery: Cataract Extraction, Hysterectomy, Laminectomy, Open Heart Surgery, Joint Replacement, Colonscopy, Sigmoidoscopy and Gastroscopy.
- Intensive Care Unit: Specialised care, Medical, Surgical, Coronary and Respitory Intensive Care with sophisticated monitoring equipment, and trained critical care nurses.
- Maternity: Family-centered care for the newborn.
- Dentistry: The practice of general dentistry, inclusive of all aspects of dental care are all catered for at the Dental Laboratory.
- ACI Catherisation Laboratory: Advanced catherisation and digital angiography equipment in the Caribbean can be found in our laboratory. The services include Diagnostic Angiograms, Therapeutic Angioplasties and Radiology Procedures.
- Dialysis Services: Both inpatients, as well as outpatients utilise the services of the four dialysis machines that are attached to this unit, under the supervision of our specialist doctor and nurses.
- Diagnostic Services: Lab work, Radiology, CT Scan, Cardiac Testing & Management e.g., ECG, Echocardiography, thrombolytic therapy, etc.
A Pharmacy is also located on the compound which also provides a service to the public. Laboratory testing is available at out Medical Laboratory.
Open Heart Surgery is one of several surgical procedures that are performed at St. Clair Medical Center. Angiograms/Angioplaty are also performed at our Catherisation Laboratory.
With a Maternity Ward of four rooms and a Medical/Surgical Ward comprising of twelve rooms, St.Clair Medical Centre opened its doors on December 31, 1993. Apart from being used as a storage area, the top floor as well as the basement areas were not utilized, and the Ward located on the ground floor was also unoccupied. At that time the service provided by the Casualty Department during the day was intermittent as a Doctor was on call, and between the hours of 6:00 pm to midnight a Doctor was scheduled. From midnight to 6:00 am the said Doctor was on call.
February 13, 1994, marked the opening of the Accident and Emergency Department, which operated on a 24-hour basis, with a full complement of staff comprising of on-site Doctors, Nurses, Orderlies, as well as Receptionists. Consultants in every field were also on-call 24-hour per day. Coming quickly on the heels of the Accident and Emergency Department was the Surgical Ward in March 1994, as well as a state-of-the-art Dental Clinic headed by Dr. Nigel Camacho. A new refurbished Maternity Ward with an additional private room then opened in May 1994.
Our Clinical Services:
- Surgery: Our three Theatres are all equipped with the lastest technology and built to specification. There are two major ones and one minor one. Cataract Extraction, Hysterectomy, Laminectomy, Open Heart Surgery an Joint Replacement, are just a few types of surgeries that are performed at St. Clair Medical Centre. There are also some examinations that are performed here, such as Colonscopy, Sigmoidoscopy and Gastroscopy. The nursing staff monitors all post surgical patients to ensure that full recovery is achived before these patients are returned to their respective rooms.
- Intensive Care Unit: For patients who require specialised care, Medical, Surgical, Coronary and Respitory Inensive Care beds are provided. This unit is equipped with sophisticated monitoring equipment, and the nurses who are attached to this unit have all been trained in critical care.
- Maternity: The Maternity services provided , place great emphasis on encouraging family-centered care for the newborn, and the couple receives much support from the nursing staff. Upon delivery, integration of the new family unit is initiated through early bonding, liberal visiting hours and rooming-in privilages.
- Accident & Emergency: The Accident and Emergency depertment provides a 24-hour service, 7 days weekly and is staffed by doctors, nurses, radiographers, laboratory technicians, support workers and customer service representatives. Problems that are not considered an emergency are also attended via our Accident and Emergency department.
- Dentistry: The practice of general dentistry, inclusive of all aspects of dental care are all catered for at the Dental Laboratory. Strict guidelines relative to infection control that have been established by the American Dental Association are followed at all times. Dental services are offered under general anaesthesia or under conscious sedation.
- ACI Catherisation Laboratory: Some of the most advanced catherisation and digital angiography equipment in the Caribbean can be found in our laboratory. The personnel attached to this unit are among the most experienced and qualified in the region and are truly committed to using the latest innovations in the areas of techniques and technology in the ever-changing world of catherisation technology. Both angioplasty procedures, as well as angiograms can be carried out on the same day, if it becomes necessary. The services provided in this laboratory include Diagnostic Angiograms, Therapeutic Angioplasties and Radiology Procedures.
- Dialysis Services: Both inpatients, as well as outpatients utilise the services of the four dialysis machines that are attached to this unit, under the supervision of our specialist doctor and nurses. These procedures are made as comfortable and as relaxing as possible, as entertainment is provided via cable television and VCR.
Our Diagnostic Services:
- Laboratory: Our laboratory provides a complete service which is inclusve of blood banking. When necessary, arrangements can be made to have doctors' reports delivered to their offices. A STAT emergency service is also available.
- Radiology: Advanced X-ray techniques are used by trained radiographers to reveal abnormalitites, injuries and diseaes that cannot be seen by other means. Our highly trained radiologists interpret these results which are then made available to your physician.
- CT Scan: Our imaging capabilities have been enhanced with the acquisition of the Ct Hi-Speed x/I series machine which is available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the event that the need arises, the radiographer is also availble to provide this unique service after hours.
- Cardiac Testing & Management: A variety of cardiac testing services is also available. These are:
- ECG, evaluation of chest pain
- A stress testing facility which is fully computerised is also available. Echocardiography, using the latest technology is also available. Transesophaegeal echocardiography, which is very important in the evaluation of patietns with strokes, heart valve infections and diseases of the aorta are also performed.
- Emergency treatment of heart attack with clot dissolving agent (thrombolytic therapy) together with emergency cardiac evaluation are also available 24 hours a day.
Rooms are comfortably furnished with private telephones, equipped with cable ready television and individual air conditioning units. Please insist on your individual controls if they are not provided to you upon admission.
Our patients are provided a variety of local and international cuisine from our in-house catering service. Menus are based on Doctors' and Dietitians' recommendations.