Prof Dr. Mohamed Rela, Liver Transplantation Specialist - Chennai, India439, Cheran Nagar, Perumbakkam, Chennai - 600 100, Tamil Nadu Chennai, India
About - Prof Dr. Mohamed Rela
- M.B.B.S, Stanley Medical College, University of Madras, India.
- MS, University of Madras, India
- FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Present Appointment: Head and Chief Surgeon, HPB and Liver Transplant Surgery, Global hospitals Group, India
- June 2008 to 2010 - Professor of Liver Surgery and Transplantation Lead Clinician for Hepatobiliary surgery, King’s College Hospital, London
- June 1994 to 2008 - Consultant Surgeon/Hon Senior Lecturer, Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Institute of Liver Studies, King's College Hospital, London.
- May 1993 to May 1994 - Senior Registrar in Liver Transplant Surgery King's College Hospital London.
- Jan 1992 - April 1993 - Registrar in Liver Transplant Surgery King's College Hospital London.
- Oct 1990 - Dec 1991 - Registrar in General Surgery Medway Hospital, Gillingham, Kent
- Feb 1989 - Sept 1990 - Registrar in General and Vascular Surgery Arrowe Park Hospital Wirral, Merseyside
- Aug 1987 - Jan 1989 - Senior SHO/Acting Registrar General Surgery and Urology Oldham Royal Infirmary and Oldham District General Hospital
- June 1985 - April 1987 - MS - General Surgery Stanley Medical College Madras India
Dr. Mohamed Rela has so far performed more than 1750 liver transplant surgeries
- In Dec 1997, a team led by him has done a successful liver transplantation for a five-day-old girl, which made him an entry into the Guinness Book of Records in 2000
- In Mar 1999, he carried out the first living related Liver Transplant on a patient with acute Liver Failure in the UK. 18 Month old Luke Bettelley was given just 48 hours to live before the operation
- In Jun 2003, he has successfully done a liver transplant for a four-and-a-half-year-old girl from Ahmedabad, Pranali Bhat, suffering from a terminal stage liver disease, at the Global Hospital, Hyderabad
- In Aug 2003, he was a part of a team from King's College Hospital, London which did liver transplant(s) six times for a patient to save her life by performing a bone marrow transplant.
- In Aug 2004, a team led by him has successfully conducted the liver transplantation for a five-year-old Pakistan girl, Batul Hasan, at the Global Hospital, Hyderabad
- In Sep 2009, a team led by him has successfully done the split liver transplantation (first of its kind in India), at the Global Hospital, Chennai. The liver was split during the retrieval operation into a smaller left lobe for transplanting a young girl and a larger right lobe for transplanting an older woman with end stage liver disease
- In May 2011, a team led by him has successfully done Swap liver transplantation on Adults (first of its kind in India), at Global Hospitals & Health city, Chennai
M.B.B.S, Stanley Medical College, University of Madras, India
|Orthopedic, Cardio & Organ Transplant Cost Mumbai India |GHG||Prices||Enquire|
|Knee Replacement Total or Partial in Bangalore, India||$4300||Enquire|
|Heart Valve Replacement Surgery in Chennai, India||$6230||Enquire|
|Liver Transplant in Chennai, India||$41700||Enquire|
|Kidney Transplant in Chennai, India||$12000||Enquire|
|Mastectomy in Chennai, India||$4916||Enquire|
|Anti Reflux Surgery Procedures in Chennai, India||$2500||Enquire|
|Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia Repair Procedure in Chennai, India||$2500||Enquire|
|Heart Pacemaker Procedures in Chennai, India||$4000||Enquire|
Organ-Transplant Related Packages
Organ-Transplant Related Experiences
PlacidWay.com provides information and travel related services. We do not provide health care services. We provide information solely for informational purposes and do not endorse any particular health care provider or facility or any particular health care service or treatment. We are not affiliated with any health care provider or service and we are not responsible for any health care service. Please consult with your own domestic licensed health care provider before seeking the services of any health care provider you learn about via our site.