About - Dr. Umesh Nareppa
Dr. Umesh Nareppa graduated from the prestigious College in Bangalore and went on to complete his residency training in General Surgery (M.S) and Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (M.Ch) from a premier institute at Mumbai. He has done fellowships from Emory University, Atlanta (rated among the top 10 academic hospitals in the USA) and St.Luke's Episcopal Hospital/ Texas Heart Institute, Houston (which under the leadership of Dr. Denton Cooley has been at the forefront of cardiac care since 50 years).
Extensively trained in:
- Total Arterial Offpump Coronary Revascularization,
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery,
- Robot-assisted and Hybrid Coronary Revascularization,
- Transcatheter Valve Replacement and Heart failure surgeries including Ventricular Assist Devices and Heart Transplantation.
- 13 years experience in Cardiac Surgery in India, Bahrain and USA.
- Worked with one of the most experienced cardiac team at a tertiary care center in Bangalore
- Served the Bahrain Defence Forces Hospital, Bahrain for 3 years.
- Adult Cardiac Surgery Fellow at Emory University hospital, Atlanta, USA, 2011-12
- Cardiovascular Surgery Fellow at St.Luke's Episcopal Hospital and Texas Heart Institute, Houston, USA, 2013
- Associate Professor and Senior Consultant, Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, at a medical college and Hospital in, Mysore, 2013-2015. Helped to setup the department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Hybrid Coronary Revascularization
- Heart Failure surgeries- VADs and Transplantation
Education - Dr. Umesh Nareppa
Dr. Umesh Nareppa graduated from the prestigious College in Bangalore