Qualification: M.S. Ortho, F.A.E ( Germany)
Medical College: KMC, Chennai
Bachelors Degree: M.B.B.S., Chengalpet Medical College
Master Degree: MS.Ortho, KMC, Chennai
Training: Fellowships - Singapore, Germany, Finland, Italy
Residency Traning: Chennai & Sports Injury and Arthroscopy Clinic, Coimbatore
Experience:11 years, Consultant, Sports Injuries & Arthroscopy, Ortho One, Coimbatore
Past Positions: Consultant, Sports Injuries & Arthroscopy, Ortho One, Coimbatore
Awards & Honours: Best Paper award for 'Shoulder at Risk' paper.
Special Interest: Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine & Shoulder Surgery.
International Society for ArthroscopyIndian Arthroscopy Society.
Indian Orthopaedic Association.
Indian Arthrsocopy Society.
ESSKA – European Society of Sports Traumatology, Shoulder, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
Shoulder and Elbow Society of India.
Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Singapore, European Fellowship ESSKA, Finland, Fellowship in Shoulder Surgery, Italy.
Fellowship in Arthroplasty, Germany.
- Dance Injuries, Bharatanatyam, Volleyball players, Shoulder Injuries in various sports and Repetitive Stress Injuries.
- Is ACL reconstruction only for athletes? A study of the incidence of meniscal and cartilage injuries in an ACL –deficient athlete and non-athlete population – an Indian experience. International Orthopaedics.Oct 2006.
- Posterior Capsular tightness in volleyball players presented at National Conference, Indian Arthroscopy Society, 2005, Best Poster award.
- Shoulder – at – risk” a study on internal rotation deficit in volleyball players – presented National Conference – Indian Orthopaedic Association IOACON – “Best Scientific Paper of the Session”.
- Biomechanical analysis of two different tibial fixation methods for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using soft tissues grafts. An experimental study in sheep knees. Trends in Biomaterials and Artificial Organs. Vol 21, 2008.
- A cadaveric experimental methodology for the evaluation of performance of intramedullary nails in the tibia and femur – Trends in Biomaterials and artificial organs.
- Contributed a chapter on Meniscus surgery – Upcoming Liverpool textbook of orthopaedics.
- Co authored chapters on Meniscus surgery and Medial Collateral ligament injuries in Textbook of Orthopaedics, G.S. Kulkarni. With Dr. David V. Rajan.