Fellowships & Courses:
Other: 1986-89; Allegheny College Soccer, Team Captain 1988 & 1989 seasons
1. Saatman, KE, Murai H, Bartus RT, Smith DH, Hayward NJ, Perri BR, McIntosh TK. “Calpain inhibitor AK295 attenuates motor and cognitive deficits following experimental brain injury in the rat.” Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93(8):3428-33, Apr 1996.
2. McIntosh TK, Smith DH, Voddi M, Perri BR, Stutzmann JM. “Riluzole, a novel neuroprotective agent, attenuates both neurologic motor and cognitive dysfunction following experimental brain injury in the rat.” J Neurotrauma 13(12):767-80, Dec 1996.
3. Perri BR, Smith DH, Murai H, Sinson G, Saatman KE, Raghupathi R, Bartus RT, McIntosh TK. “Metabolic quantification of lesion volume following experimental traumatic brain injury in the rat.” J Neurotrauma 14(1):15-22, Jan 1997.
4. Sinson G, Perri BR, Trojanowski JQ, Flamm ES, McIntosh TK: “Neurotropin infusion improves cognitive deficits and decreased cholinergic neuronal cell loss and apoptotic cell death following experimental traumatic brain injury.” J Neurosurg. 86(3):511-8, Mar 1997.
5. Smith DH, Perri BR, Raghupathi R, Saatman, KE, McIntosh TK: “Remacemide hydrochloride reduces cortical lesion volume following brain trauma in the rat.” Neurosci Lett. 231(3):135-8, Aug 15, 1997.
6. Perri BR, Lynch S: “Common Injuries in the Skilled Wrestler” (specific review includes pediatric cervical spine injuries). Current Opinion in Orthopedics 14:109-113, 2003.
7. Perri BR, Oyelese A, Bray RS, Johnson JP. “Classification of cervical kyphotic deformities: strategies and techniques for reconstruction surgery,” (submitted for publication).
8. Perri BR, Cooper M, Lauryssen C, Anand N: Adverse swelling associated with use of rhBMP-2 in anterior cervical discectomy and fusion: a case study. (submitted to The Spine Journal 2006).
9. Anand N, Hamilton JF, Perri BR, Miraliakbar H, Goldstein T: Cantilever TLIF with structural allograft and rhBMP-2 for correction and maintenance of segmental sagittal lordosis: clinical, radiographic and functional outcome. (submitted to Spine 2006).
10. Baron E, Siddique K, Perri B, Anand N, Johnson JP. Anterior transoral resection. Operative Techniques in Orthopedics. 17:156-162, Jul 2007.
11. Perri B, Siddique K, Baron E, Lauryssen C. Acute odontoid fractures: anterior odontoid fixation. Operative Techniques in Orthopedics. 17:163-168, Jul 2007.
12. Anand N, Baron EM, Siddique K, Perri B, Bray RS. Comparison of traditional midline approach versus muscle sparring paraspinal approach for posterior non-fusion stabilization of the lumbar spine-An analysis of functional outcomes. Journal of Neurosurgery Spine 2007. Under review.
13. Mundwiler ML, Siddique K, Dym JM, Perri B, Johnson JP, Weisman MH. Complications of the spine in ankylosing spondylitis with a focus on deformity correction. Neurosurg Focus 24 (1): E6, 2008.
14. Ghostine S, Baron EM, Perri B, Jacobson P, Morsette D, Hsu FP. Thoracic cord herniation through a dural defect: description of a case and review of the literature. Surg Neurol. 2008 Jan 18 [Epub ahead of print].
15. Perri B, Ghostine S, Rapaport V, Johnson P, Siddique K: Treatment of Hyperhydrosis: Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy. Submitted to Arch Derm. 2008.