Maxillofacial Surgery at Americas Dental Care Costa Rica
Do you need to have your impacted teeth removed? You may need to see a maxillofacial surgeon at Americas Dental Care in San Jose, Costa Rica!
Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery is a dental surgical specialty that involves the diagnosis, surgery and immediate treatment of injuries, defects and diseases, of the aesthetic and functional aspects of the oral and maxillofacial region.
Best candidates for maxillofacial surgery are patients who/have:
- Teeth that needs to be replaced by dental implants
- Oral, facial, jaw tumor or cyst that needs diagnosis, removal and reconstruction
- A jaw needs alignment with orthognathic surgery
- A jaw joint that needs repair thru TMJ surgery
- Need jaw and facial reconstruction following cancer surgery
- Need your facial bones realigned after facial trauma
- Need tooth extraction
Cost of Maxillofacial Surgery in Costa Rica
Your fees for maxillofacial surgery will depend on the type of anesthesia used. Will you undergo a local anesthetic or general anesthesia? If you decide to undergo with a local anesthetic (awake), your charges include surgical and facility fees, along with medications and pathology charges. Should you decide for general anesthesia (asleep), expect charges for anesthesia and facility fees along with medications and pathology charges.
The doctor’s surgical fee comprises his computation for your treatment fee estimation which is based on the surgical time and complexity of the procedure. During the surgical procedure, a tissue sample may be examined by the pathologist.
The cost of maxillofacial surgery tends to be lower if surgery is required on only the lower or upper jaw, and higher if it needs to have both your upper and lower jaw fixed.
Americas Dental Care in San Jose, Costa Rica is known to provide oral and maxillofacial surgery aside from cosmetic and restorative surgery expertise. They are now offering a Maxillofacial Surgery package for ONLY $3,500 per jaw!
Benefits of Maxillofacial Surgery
- Align your jaws and teeth into positions that are more functional and balanced
- Improves your bite and function
- Enhances your speech and appearance
- Has a positive effect on your self-esteem and overall quality of life