CimaVax Lung Cancer Vaccine in Cuba
CimaVax - Best Lung Cancer Therapy in Cuba
CIMAVAX-EGF is the first worldwide registered therapeutic vaccine for non-small lung cancer. It has been developed in Cuba by the Center for Molecular Immunology and the Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. The vaccine was approved by the Cuban regulatory authority in 2008 to be used on adults with advanced stages of lung cancer, after 25 years of research.
Though lung cancer is generally classified as an incurable, long-term survival with lung cancer is possible if the disease is caught in the early stages. CimaVax EGF is the first vaccine for stage 3 and stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer and it is administered after the treatment with chemotherapy and radiotherapy. What the vaccine does is stimulating the immune system to produce antibodies to slow down the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells, therefore transforming late stage aggressive lung cancer into a chronic disease.
Benefits of CimaVax Lung Cancer Vaccine
- Increases the control of disease
- Improves the quality of life
- Has fewer side effects than the standard cancer treatment
- Is well tolerated
- Does not attack healthy cells
Cimavax-EGF Vaccine Price in Cuba
The price for the CimaVax Lung Cancer Vaccine starts at $10,800 approximately. Check our price list table below to learn more:
Lung Cancer Treatment Cost
Note: Price may change and vary depends on complexity of procedures and patient conditions. Contact our customer representative for more information.
It starts with the administration of endovenous cyclophosphamide (single dose of 200 mg/m2). Three days later the administration of CimaVax-EGF® is started, every 14 days for the first 4 doses.
- Monthly revaccinations until the general health of patient allows it.
- CimaVax-EGF® is administered intramuscularly.
- Each dose of CimaVax-EGF® is defined as 4 injections applied in different locations: both gluteal and deltoid regions.
- Each injection contains 1,2 ml of the emulsion that includes the conjugate hrEGF-rP64k and Montanide ISA 51 VG.
Lung Cancer Vaccine Inclusions
- Hospitalization (4 nights) Hospitalization in a private room category I unit (includes food and nursing care).
- Medical and Nursing care.
- Initial evaluation and preparation of clinical history.
- Consultation with General Stomatology specialist
- Consultation with Podiatry
- Research Hematological and hemochemical investigations: Complete blood count Sedimentation velocity Complete coagulogram Glycemia Creatinine Uric acid Urea TGO TGG GGT Alkaline phosphatase Quantitative serology (VDRL) Antibody test against HIV-1/2
- Imaging investigations: Chest X rays.
- Therapy with monoclonal antibodies and other medications Cyclophosphamide Sodium chloride CIMAVAX EGF vaccine (16 bulbs) Zofran
- In-out transportation
- Medical report, conclusions and recommendations
Cancer Treatments Exclusions
- Additional nights
- Companion accommodation and meals: 40 CUC/day
- medications that are not included in the program, disposable material, blood, derivatives or their substitutes
- This treatment is exclusively for Non Small Lung Cancer Type III-IV
- Biopsy report confirming the above diagnosis
- Chest CT Scan or MRI (report and images)
- Chemotherapy and/or radiation report
- Oncology report
- Medical summary signed by doctor stating past treatments and current health condition
Currency and payment:
- Phase 1 $10,800- Consists of intramuscular injections in four areas of the body (left and right thigh, left and right arm) 5 times every two weeks with 30 days interval from the next phase.
- Phase 2 (Maintenance Phase) $7,800- One injection per month for 4 months with 30 days interval from the next phase.
- Phase 3 (Maintenance Phase) $7,800- One injection every other month for 4 times. After which the patient will be monitored for future application as directed by Oncologist.
The only currency accepted in Cuba is Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC). Exchange rate is approximate 3 %. In case of USD a 10% tax is added. You can exchange your money at the exchange house at the airport. The following currencies are accepted for exchange: USD (not recommended), CAD, EUR, Pounds, Francs, Yen and MXN.
At hospital you can pay with visa or mastercard credit cards that hasn't been issued by US banks or with CUC cash. No cashier checks are accepted.
You can enter with a tourist visa for 15 - 30 days. In case your treatment will extend longer, hospital will take charge of medical visa coordination. You can purchase your tourist visa at the travel agency where you will purchase your airfare, at your departure airport or at Havana airport upon your arrival. Usually price is $25 USD.
Migratory regulations require you must travel to Cuba with a medical insurance with coverage at the island. If you don't have this insurance, you can purchase it for 5 CUC per day per person at Havana airport.
Why Choose Health in Cuba for Lung Cancer Treatments?
Here are several reasons of choosing Health in Cuba for your lung cancer therapy:
- We work with internationally recognized Cuban hospitals and clinics and world-class medical experts located all over the country.
- We offer coverage to every medical specialty.
- We offer specialized advice and personalized services based on each patient's issues, income, and preferences.
- We offer top notch services at affordable prices.
- We facilitate quick access to the necessary medical treatments and procedures.
- We provide direct access to a prestigious health network.
For more information about the CimaVax Lung Cancer Vaccine in Cuba, please contact us!