Local Treatment Course
Local Treatment Course in Georgia
The main package the EPTC offers is the local treatment course, which means coming to our clinic in Tbilisi, Georgia, and receiving outpatient surgical and non-surgical consultations, procedures, examinations, etc.
The local treatment can be beneficial due to:
- Higher success rate due to the extensive and more in-depth investigations.
- We try to implement a holistic approach that focuses on a person’s wellness and not just their illness or condition.
- Shared decision making and your full involvement regarding all of the steps necessary for treatment: from appointment times to examinations performed or treatment approaches, you will be a crucial part of the whole process.
- You can experience more types of therapy, such as those that involve additional instrumental and laboratory investigations, consultations with the multidisciplinary team of physicians, etc.
- Direct and extensive contact with your attending physician so nothing can be missed out in your treatment process.
- You can come to a safe and relaxing environment where we take the time to listen to your concerns and questions so we can guide you through the process effectively.
- Coordinators that will guide you the entire way to make the whole experience more comfortable and adjustable.
- Continued care personally from your attending doctor after your departure from the clinic.
- Considering the current state of events: The entire staff is vaccinated and is getting tested regularly. Our clinic is following strict rules to keep the environment safe for our patients and staff members.
The local treatment course includes 10 workdays of the following:
- Complete registration
- Meet the primary care doctor to review medical history
- Initial lab work – blood panel, culture samples (initial samples or repeat for current analysis), etc
- Diagnostic investigations
- Commencing phage therapy
- Consultations with a multidisciplinary team of physicians and specialists as necessary
- Supportive services: therapeutic massage, physiotherapy
- Reviewing the results of the lab work
- Continuous phage therapy with adjustments, if necessary
- Repeat bacteriological analysis to monitor progress and additional investigations
- Phages will be provided to take home to finish the initial phage therapy