Prof. Massimo Bellomi MD, Radiology, Radiotherapy and Hepatology Specialist - Milan, ItalyMilano, Via Ripamonti, 435 (Building 1) Milan, Italy
About - Prof. Massimo Bellomi MD
From 1980 he received several research grants for studies on liver and gastrointestinal pathologies:
at the University Hospital of Pennsylvania (1980), Thomas Jefferson
University of Philadelphia (1980), and at University of Lund, Sweden (1983).
From 1981 was lecturer of Radiology at the School of Medicine of the University of Milan.
From 1977 to 1994 he was first registrar (1977-1981), then in staff as Assistant (1982- 1994) at the Radiology Department of Radiology of Istituto Nazionale Tumori in Milan, were he trained in Gastrointestinal and Interventional Radiology with Prof. Aldo Severini.
He was part of the team which introduced Percutaneous Biliary Drainage and Gastrointestinal Interventional Radiology in Italy and developed a number of techniques for interventional and diagnostic radiology. He also designed software for archiving of radiologic examinations and for image processing and analysis.
From 1980 to 1998 he was in staff as Assistant Professor at the Institute of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of Milan.
In 1984, 1988 and 1991 he was appointed director of Operative Units and research projects in Oncology of the National Research Council.
In 1994 Prof. Bellomi became Director of the Department of Radiology of the European Institute of Oncology, Milan.
In 1998 he became Associate Professor of Radiology of the School of Medicine, University of Milan.
From 2000 to 2003 he was a member of the Ministry of Health Commission for studies in “Diagnostic Imaging”.
In the years 2000-2003 and 2009-2012 Prof. Bellomi was Director of postgraduated School of Radiology of the School of Medicine, University of Milan.
In 2012 he was appointed as President of the School in Imaging and Radiotherapy Techniques, University of Milan.
In 2013 became Director of postgraduated School of Radiotherapy. He holds a chair in Radiology in a number of degrees and postgraduated courses.
He contributes and co-operates with the following journals:
- European Radiology, member of the Editorial Board and official reviewer 1996-2003.
- Cancer Imaging , member of the Editorial Board since 2000, Editor since 2013.
- La Radiologia Medica, member of the Reviewers’ Committee since 2001, and of the Editorial Board, section Abdominal Imaging since 2006.
- Trends in Medicine, member of the Advisory Board since 2001
Prof. Bellomi is principal investigators in a numbers of clinical trials. He is author of 215 scientific publications; 23 of them are book chapters.
1975 - Graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Milan 1976 - Postgraduate Diploma in Hepatology 1980 - Second Postgraduate Diploma in Radiology and Radiotherapy.
Director of the Department of Radiology of the European Institute of Oncology, Milan
- SIRM, Italian Society of Radiology, also member of its subcommittee of “Gastrointestinal and abdominal radiology”;
- ICIS, International Cancer Imaging Society: Founding member, Membership Committee member (1998-2002) and President (2003-2004).
- ESR, European Society of Radiology (former ECR, European Congress of Radiology)
- ESGAR, European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology: Fellow and member of the directive council (1993-2000).
- CIRSE, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiologic Society of Europe: member
- ESTI, European Society of Thoracic Imaging.
|Istituto Europeo di Oncologia IEO Prices in Milan Italy||Prices||Enquire|
|Prostate Cancer in Milan, Italy||$16980||Enquire|
PlacidWay.com provides information and travel related services. We do not provide health care services. We provide information solely for informational purposes and do not endorse any particular health care provider or facility or any particular health care service or treatment. We are not affiliated with any health care provider or service and we are not responsible for any health care service. Please consult with your own domestic licensed health care provider before seeking the services of any health care provider you learn about via our site.