Dental Crown Package in San Jose, Costa Rica by Americas Dental Care
Get a Stunning Smile with Dental Crown in San Jose, Costa Rica
Table of Content
Americas Dental Care is a leading dental clinic located in the heart of San Jose, Costa Rica, offering a range of top-notch dental services, including high-quality dental crown procedures. With a commitment to excellence and patient-centric care, our clinic has earned a reputation for providing exceptional dental treatments. Dental crowns are a popular solution for restoring damaged or unsightly teeth, and at Americas Dental Care, we combine expertise, modern technology, and affordability to give you a reason to smile confidently again.
At Americas Dental Care, we understand the importance of your dental health and its impact on your overall well-being. Dental crown procedures are among our many specialties, and our skilled team of dentists is dedicated to delivering outstanding results. Whether you need a single crown or a full mouth restoration, we tailor our treatments to meet your unique dental needs. Check our package details below to learn more.
You can get dental crown package in San Jose, Costa Rica by Americas Dental Care with the price starts at $300. Please refer to our price list table below to learn more:
Cost in USD
San Jose, Costa Rica
Note: price may change and vary depends on complexity of procedures and patient conditions. Click free quote button below to learn more.
- Shields the tooth from damage or decay
- Restore the tooth’s strength
- Allows you to bite and chew normally
- Renews your old smile
- Returns lost self-esteem
A dental crown is a cap placed over the tooth to conceal and protect it from further damage or decay. It also helps to restore the tooth’s strength, size, shape and its appearance - as it can hide chips and breaks.
There are different materials used for dental crowns:
- Gold crowns. Gold crowns are generally advised for individuals with strong bite patterns, to be placed at the back of the mouth such as molars.
- Porcelain dental crowns. Are also preferred because when placed, it is lighter and natural-looking.
- All ceramic dental crowns. These crowns are the most popularly used today.
- Zirconia dental crowns. It is also preferred because it is lighter and realistic in appearance.
- Porcelain fused to metal (PFM). A known downside of using this type of dental crown is that the edges of the metal core may show at the gum line.
Crown Insertion Procedure:
Inserting a crown usually takes two clinic visits from your dentist. On your first appointment, your dentist will:
1) Using x-rays and CAD/CAM technology, the dentists creates a mold of your damaged tooth.
2) Prepare your tooth/teeth for shaping,
3) Places a temporary crown. This may be performed from 30 minutes to an hour.
Between the two dental visits, a dental laboratory will fabricate the crown based on the mold/impression created by the dentist. Usually this takes after two weeks depending on the dental lab.
When you return for your second visit, the dentist will now cement the finished crown which can take 20 minutes or more. Now you can chew and smile as you please!
- Dental Crown Procedure: The package covers the entire dental crown procedure, from consultation to crown placement.
- Lab Work: All necessary laboratory work, including the fabrication of your custom crown, is included.
- Consultations: Multiple consultations with our experienced dentists to discuss your treatment plan and progress.
- Local Anesthesia: Pain management through local anesthesia during the procedure.
- Post-Procedure Checkups: After the crown is placed, the package includes post-procedure checkups to ensure the crown's stability and your satisfaction.
- Travel Expenses: The package does not cover travel expenses to and from San Jose, including airfare.
- Accommodation: While we can assist with hotel recommendations, the cost of accommodation is not included in the package.
- Meals and Personal Expenses: Patients are responsible for their meals and any personal expenses during their stay.
- Additional Treatments: If additional dental treatments are required, they will not be included in the package.
- Complications: While complications are extremely rare, any additional treatment required due to unforeseen issues is not included in the package.
Dental Crown Pre-Op Tests
- Dental Examination: A thorough dental examination is conducted to assess the condition of the tooth that requires a crown.
- X-Rays: Dental X-rays may be taken to provide a detailed view of the tooth's structure and surrounding areas.
- Impressions: Impressions of your teeth are made to create a custom dental crown that fits perfectly.
- Medical History: Your dental provider will review your medical history to ensure that dental crown placement is safe for you.
- Oral Health Assessment: A comprehensive assessment of your overall oral health helps determine the most suitable approach for your case.
Our dental procedures, including dental crown treatments, are performed by skilled and experienced dentists at Americas Dental Care. Each dentist is committed to ensuring that your dental treatment is comfortable, effective, and tailored to your unique needs. With their expertise, you can trust that you are in capable hands and that your dental health is a top priority.
Dentist in San Jose, Costa Rica at Americas Dental Care
Is the Dental Crown Right for You?
Best candidates for dental crowns include individuals who:
- Need to cover dental implants
- Have weak teeth (due to decay)
- Have a tooth with a large filling
- Have a dental bridge (so a crown can hold it into place)
- Have broken teeth (to prevent it from breaking)
- Have old crowns that need new replacements
- Have tooth decay
- Have cracked or chipped teeth
- Have severely discoloured and misshapened teeth
What to Expect During the Dental Crown in San Jose, Costa Rica?
During your dental crown treatment in San Jose, you can expect:
- Consultations: Your journey begins with consultations to discuss your needs and treatment plan.
- Treatment: The dental crown procedure typically requires two visits: one for tooth preparation and impressions, and another for crown placement.
- Local Anesthesia: Local anesthesia is administered to ensure a pain-free and comfortable experience during the procedure.
- Customization: Your custom dental crown is created to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth.
- Crown Placement: The final crown is placed and bonded securely to your tooth, resulting in an aesthetically pleasing and functional restoration.
- Recovery: After the procedure, a brief recovery period may be needed to ensure that the crown is secure and your bite is comfortable.
- Follow-Up: Post-procedure checkups are scheduled to confirm the stability and success of your dental crown.
By choosing dental crown treatment at Americas Dental Care in San Jose, Costa Rica, you are making a commitment to improved oral health, a beautiful smile, and significant cost savings. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and embark on your journey to a healthier, more confident you.
1. What is a dental crown, and why might I need one?
A dental crown is a prosthetic cap placed over a damaged or weakened tooth to restore its strength, shape, and appearance. You might need a dental crown if you have a tooth with significant decay, a large filling, a fractured cusp, or cosmetic concerns like discoloration or misshapen teeth.
2. How long does the dental crown procedure take in San Jose, Costa Rica?
The dental crown procedure typically involves two visits. During the first visit, your tooth is prepared, and impressions are taken. The second visit, in which the permanent crown is placed, usually occurs a couple of weeks later. Each appointment can take about 60 to 90 minutes.
3. Are dental crowns in Costa Rica of the same quality as those in my home country?
Yes, dental crowns in Costa Rica are made with high-quality materials and modern technology. Many dental facilities in Costa Rica adhere to international standards and use reputable labs to ensure the quality and durability of the crowns.
4. How much can I save on dental crowns in San Jose compared to my home country?
Patients can save up to 60% on dental crown procedures in San Jose, Costa Rica, compared to many Western countries. The cost-effectiveness of dental care is one of the reasons why medical tourists choose Costa Rica for their treatments.
5. Is it painful to get a dental crown?
The dental crown procedure is not painful. Local anesthesia is used to ensure a pain-free experience during tooth preparation and crown placement. Patients may experience some mild discomfort after the procedure, but this can be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers and typically subsides within a few days.
If you're ready to experience the advantages of high-quality dental treatments in San Jose, schedule your consultation at Americas Dental Care today. Our skilled team of dentists is committed to providing you with excellent results and a reason to smile with confidence. Contact us now to begin your journey to better oral health and aesthetics.