Dr. Bharat Mody, Orthopedic surgeon - Vadodara, India
About - Dr. Bharat Mody
Dr. Bharat Mody is the Director and Chief Joint Replacement Surgeon
A Multi Superspecialty Hospital with a focus on Bone & Joint problems
After obtaining his degree of Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics from India, Dr. Mody was selected by the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSE) in 1989 for a four-year training programme at reputed teaching hospitals in U.K. He then obtained the degree of Master of Chirurgie (M.Ch.) in Orthopaedics after completing a one-year course at the University of Liverpool, U.K. in 1993.
He has to his credit two theses and over 20 publications in reputed international journals of Orthopaedics. Based on this, he was awarded the coveted AO fellowship in 1994, to work at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA under Harvard University. There he trained in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic surgery, in its most advanced form.
On returning to India in January 1995, he joined the Mayo Hospital, a 300 bedded super speciality hospital in Baroda, as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, and soon progressed to the post of the Head of the Orthopaedic Department. During the last one year of his association, he also took charge as the Executive Vice-president of the hospital.
In 1999, he founded the Centre for Knee & Hip Surgery at Welcare Hospital. His Centre has the unique achievement of being able to attract patients from all over the world. He even has the distinction of having operated on the Prime Minister of Fiji Islands, Mr Sitiveni Rabuka, at Welcare Hospital. His new 110 bed Welcare Hospital in Vadodara, Gujarat, is a modern and technologically highly advanced facility.
He has made numerous presentations to learned societies all around the world. He is considered to be a key opinion leader in the field of Joint Replacement surgery and is regularly invited to lecture at apex level international scientific meetings, nationally and internationally
Felicitations in Dr. Bharat Mody’s credit across his medical journey are:
- Elected as the President of the Indian Arthroplasty Association for the year 2015
- Appointed to the Executive Committee of the Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Appointed as Scientific Advisory Committee Member of EFORT (European Federation of National Associations of Orthopedics and Traumatology) – ASIA
- Appointed as a Chairman of the Advisory Group of Bayer India Ltd for the development of Xarelto in India
- Appointed on the board of international panel of reviewers for The Bone and Joint Journal, UK, which is one of the most prestigious international scientific journals in the world of Orthopedics
- Appointed as a Member of the Advisory Board of Depuy Institute
- Lead Designer in the design of Total Knee Replacement Surgery Instrument set developed by Johnson & Johnson specifically for the Asian market
- Appointed as a member of the National Advisory Board of Bristol-Myers-Squibb on the use of Apixaban in India
- He has more than 20 internationally published research articles and authorship of chapters in Orthopaedic text books on Joint Replacement
|Orthopedic Joint Replacement Cost Vadodara, India | Welcare Hospital||Prices||Enquire|
|Bilateral Knee Replacement Surgery in Vadodara, India||$14000||Enquire|
|Spinal Decompression in Vadodara, India||$6000||Enquire|
|Hip Replacement Surgery Partial or Total in Vadodara, India||$7500||Enquire|
|Knee Replacement Total or Partial in Vadodara, India||$7000||Enquire|
|Knee Arthroscopic Washout in Vadodara, India||$2500||Enquire|
|ACL Repair in Vadodara, India||$3000||Enquire|
|Meniscus Repair in Vadodara, India||$3000||Enquire|
|ACL PCL MCL in Vadodara, India||$3500||Enquire|
PlacidWay.com provides information and travel related services. We do not provide health care services. We provide information solely for informational purposes and do not endorse any particular health care provider or facility or any particular health care service or treatment. We are not affiliated with any health care provider or service and we are not responsible for any health care service. Please consult with your own domestic licensed health care provider before seeking the services of any health care provider you learn about via our site.