Stem Cell Therapy 4 Me's Program for Eye diseases in Brno, Czech Republic
STEM CELL THERAPY 4 ME offers innovative treatments and preventive programs using modern medical technologies and personalized approach for eye diseases, namely for diseases of the retina, consisting of autologous stem cell therapy and regenerative laser therapy in order to enhance natural regeneration of the eyes including their retina.
STEM CELL THERAPY 4 ME provide treatment to medical conditions treatable in this program:
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is very common degenerative disorder of the eye leading to poor vision, vision loss or blindness. It affects the inner part of the eye – retina, especially macula lutea of the retina that is responsible for central vision. As AMD progresses a blurred area near the center of vision is a common symptom. It may grow larger and patients develop blank spots in central vision. Objects also may not appear as bright as they used to be. Smoking, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis and family history of AMD are considered risk factors of AMD.
- Glaucoma is related to increased pressure inside the eye that may destroy sensitive nerve connections leading to vision loss and blindness. Patients with diabetes, high blood pressure, and family history of glaucoma are at higher risk. Those with more common chronic form of glaucoma may not experience any problems until late stage where peripheral vision loss is present. Patients with less frequent acute glaucoma may experience headache, eye pain and vomiting.
- Diabetic retinopathy affects blood vessels that nourish retina – the light-sensitive tissue that converts the light signals to electric impulses that are sent through the optic nerve to the brain. Chronically high blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes leads to retinal vessel damage that may become leaky or start to proliferate on the surface of the retina. Almost half of patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes are affected with diabetic retinopathy. Based on severity of these problems, there are 4 stages of diabetic retinopathy. At initial stage, there are no symptoms at all. As the disease progresses, patients may experience “floating” spots, blurred vision or can lose their vision completely in time.
- Optic neuritis means inflammation of optic nerve that transfers visual information from the eye to the brain. It may cause visual loss on one eye, sometimes on both eyes. Pain around the eye may also be present. Women and patients with multiple sclerosis are affected more frequently. Optic neuritis may disappear spontaneously within 7-10 days or may persist for months. It can be treated with steroids; unfortunately there are a lot of side effects from long-term use of steroids.
- Retinitis pigmentosa is associated with partial or complete loss of vision. Most commonly there is a genetic background but the protection of retina by the means of regenerative laser therapy and/or local stem cell therapy may increase chances to prevent degeneration of the retina.
It is important to consult experienced ophthalmologist about treatment options for individual eye diseases – early stages of diseases may be reversible. New research studies demonstrate safety and clinical effects of autologous (patient´s own) stem cells in improving vision of patients with some eye diseases. For patient safety, only one eye can be treated at a time. Another eye treatment can be scheduled in at least 6 months. For example, early stages of age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, or optic neuritis can be at least partially improved with stem cells. Similar effects can be expected with regenerative laser therapy which can be used for both eyes treatment at the same time. No serious side effects such as heart failure, stroke, thromboembolism or death were observed in thousands of people treated with autologous stem cells or regenerative laser therapy.
Procedure to be Followed before arrival to Stem Cell Therapy 4 Me Clinic
- Patient should receive and read Informed Consent Forms to the procedures scheduled at Stem Cell Therapy 4 Me Clinic.
- If indicated, patient should come for prescreening clinical examination by our eye specialist to properly evaluate for our Treatment Program; blood tests may also be requested.
Local Stem Cell Treatment Program – 1 day
Stem cell therapy is performed during one surgical procedure using autologous (obtained from the same person) stem cells freshly obtained from 50ml adipose tissue. Adipose tissue-derived stem cells has their unique capability of clinical effects which include but are not limited to suppression of chronic inflammation, suppression of degenerative changes in various tissues, migration to the sites of tissue injury, optimizing immune system functions, anti-oxidative effects. The whole procedure is performed on out-patient basis in local anesthesia, lasts 3-4 hours and consists of:
- Local anesthesia before liposuction
- Liposuction of 50ml of autologous adipose tissue
- Stem cell preparation from adipose tissue
- Local stem cell administration
After short rest at the Clinic, patient is allowed to leave. She or he can perform normal daily activities but should avoid swimming and over exercise for next 7-10 days after liposuction.
We suggest performing 1-3 months follow-up visit at the eye specialist/ophthalmologist.
Medical services provided in this Local Stem Cell Treatment Program can be combined with Regenerative Laser Therapy
Regenerative Laser Therapy (RLT) – extra from Complex Treatment Program
RLT means application of certain wave length (infrared, red, and yellow, green, blue) of visible spectrum of electromagnetic waves to different parts of the body based on patient medical needs. It can be applied on the body surface, into the damaged tissue, or intravenously. Excellent clinical results with 10 sessions of RLT have been documented. One or two sessions per day are recommended as a maximum. RLT in one session is typically applied locally and simultaneously for both eyes for 10-30 minutes (infrared) or intravenously for 40-60 minutes (combination of red, yellow, green, and blue laser light, each color for 10-15 minutes). Based on your medical condition, our medical doctor will recommend an optimal program for you. Allow 5-10 working days for RLT therapy. For more information and indications, ask for the detailed brochure about RLT.
- Local Stem Cell Treatment Program – one eye 3,900- EUR/$4,455
- Regenerative Laser Therapy – local, both eyes, 10 sessions 6,000- EUR/$6,853
- Regenerative Laser Therapy – local and intravenous, 10 sessions 9,000- EUR/$10,280
Note: It does not include costs associated with accommodation or food.
Additional medical services - can be arranged for extra costs and include:
- Next follow-up visits at 6 or 12 months (from 120 - EUR)
- For anti-aging, cosmetic surgery, or other medical services, please ask
Additional non-medical services - can be arranged for extra costs and include:
- City sightseeing tour
- Taxi transportation (from/to hotel; from/to Brno, Vienna, Prague airport)
- Hotel recommendation and reservation in a range of 50-200 EUR per night per single or double bed room including breakfast
For more information on their Stem Cell Program for Eye diseases, click the button below.