Centro Cardiologico Monzino
Heart Surgery Italy, Heart Diseases Treatment Europe, Top Heart Surgery Centers Italy, Best Heart Surgeons Italy, Cardiovascular Surgery Italy, Heart Care Italy
Centro Cardiologico Monzino Profile Overview
Centro Cardiologico Monzino was founded in 1981. With a donation by Italo Monzino, Order of Merit for Labour, and the inspiration of Professor Cesare Bartorelli of the University of Milan, the Centro Cardiologico Monzino was brought to life. It was the idea of Prof. Cesare Bartorelli to create a centre exclusively devoted to the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
In 1992, Centro Cardiologico Monzino also became a Scientific Institute of Research and Treatment, being the home of the Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery, the Schools of Specialization in Cardiology and Heart Surgery and the Degree Course in Cardiovascular Physiopathology of the University of Milan.
Centro Cardiologico Monzino in Milan is an IRCCS (Scientific Institute for Research and Treatment) dedicated to cardiovascular diseases.
Affiliated with the University of Milan, it aims at excellence in the treatment of patients by integrating scientific research and clinical practice.
The Institute, accredited with the National Health Service, has a Specialized Emergency Unit for cardiovascular emergencies
As a part of Lombardy’s 118 emergency system, it guarantees 24/7 services, including the treatment of acute myocardial infarction by primary angioplasty, aortic acute syndrome, cardiac and vascular surgical emergencies
The treatment and research work at Centro Cardiologico Monzino is organized in integrated, specialized units.
Centro Cardiologico Monzino is the only IRCCS for cardiovascular disease in Italy and one of the first in Europe; the excellence of our institution is demonstrated by innovative projects, such as:
People before medical personnel and care for doctor – patient relationship
Monzino - Prevention for local population (new center to be opened in Ponte Lambro neighborhood)
M.A.L.V.A.: center of valve and aortic disease
New Aortic Valve TAVI
Artificial Heart: Destination Therapy
New Bioabsorbable Coronary Stents
Cardiovascular Telemedicine: prevention, post-surgical rehabilitation and chronic illnesses
Imaging integrated multimodal (Eco, TC, MRI)
CCM offers complete cardiac care for a variety of medical conditions such as:
- coronary heart disease
- heart valve and replacement
- heart failure and hypertension
- thoracic and abdominal aortic disease
- peripheral vascular disease
- venous insufficiency
- non-healing wounds
The CCM medical team also works closely with other departments, being able to address various other health issues that affect the vascular system, such as diabetes. The center's dedicated and experienced surgeons, cardiologistics, interventional cardiologists and the rest of the medical staff have managed to transform Centro Cardiologico Monzino into one of the leading cardiovascular centers in Italy.
Centro Cardiologico Monzino (CCM) of Milan is one of the 47 Research Hospitals and Treatment Centers in Italy and it is the first for cardiovascular diseases.
CCM follows a multidisciplinary approach to patient disease through the organization of two major departments:
- Cardiovascular Surgery
And the following Areas:
Interventional Cardiology (PTCA, etc.)
A modern branch of Medicine, with a very high technology standard dealing with non-surgical management of cardiovascular diseases. Its role has rapidly grown from a predominantly diagnostic activity to a full range of therapeutic interventions as alternatives to traditional surgical and medical treatments. CCM is a top centre in elective coronary artery disease treatment using updated coronary angioplasty techniques with innovative drug-eluting and bio-absorbable stents, in peripheral vascular procedures (carotid angioplasty, stenting, peripheral angioplasty and insertion of aortic endo-prosthesis), in structural heart disease (alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy,atrial septaldefect and patent foramen ovale closure, appendage obliteration) in renal denervation and in other peripheral interventions.
Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology and VIC Unit (Ventricular Intensive Care Unit)
The clinical activity of this area deals with the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias, both atrial and ventricular, from the most benign to those potentially dangerous for survival.Every arrhythmia is treated through electrophysiological procedures and cardiac pacing. Treatments consist mostly in radiofrequency catheter ablation of the arrhythmia guided by conventional mapping or, more often, after 3D reconstruction and substrate mapping.Extensive activities within the cardiac stimulation are also performed, such as, the conventional pacemaker implantation, implantable defibrillators, pacemakers for cardiac resynchronization and procedure of the removal of lead damage or device infection.
During 2013,CCM has been selected as one of the first centers in Europe to use a revolutionary pacing technology, the NANOSTIM, a leadless cardiac pacemaker system to avoid leads, pockets and connectors required by conventional ones and to eliminate associated complications.
Critical Cardiology (Emergency, Clinical Cardiology, Intensive Care and Rehabilitation)
Heart Failure, Clinical Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit
By using advanced diagnostic tools and innovative therapeutic strategies, the Unit aims at assessing and treating heart failure of different etiologies, valvularheart disease, pulmonary hypertension.It also provides cardiovascular rehabilitation and takes care of patients affected by heart diseases needing a global evaluation and drug treatment.Evaluations are carried out with the aid of state-of-the-art advanced technology: cardiopulmonary exercise test, respiratory function test, gas diffusion study, echocardiography and cardiac CT and MRI in cooperation with the Cardiovascular Imaging Unit. Based on these clinical and instrumental evaluations, therapy is optimized.
Cardiovascular Surgery (Cardiac & Vascular Surgery)
The Cardiac Surgery involved both traditional (also extracorporeal circulation) and the most advanced techniques (new devices/implants, minimally invasive techniques such astranscathether mitral valve repair and sutureless aortic valve implantation) in all the fields of adult cardiac surgery . In particular it deals with coronary surgery (coronary artery disease and its acute complications), aortic valve surgery ( prosthetic replacement of the aortic valv , TAVI, mitral and tricuspid valve and anatomic reconstruction), arrhythmia surgery ( surgical and /or hybrid correction of atrial and ventricular arrhythmias ) and congenital defects of the adult ( interatrial and interventricular ).In 2013 this unit performed 700 surgical interventions, with high prevalence of valvular repair-replacement.
Cardiovascular Imaging (Echo, CT & MRI)
With its multimodal approach this area offers the best clinical and diagnostic performance concerning the cardiovascular pathologies, also granted bythe fully collaboration between cardiologists and radiologists, the constant development of updated technologies and of new models and protocols of cardiovascular imaging.This diagnostic department includes three main areas: Echocardiographic Laboratories (also 3D-TEE), Cardiovascular Radiological Imaging (Computed Tomography) and Cardiac Magnetic Resonance.
Since March 2015, a new TC device, that captures high definition of all the heart in one beat, allows to perform the examination in all patients, regardless of their rhythm and their clinical situation.
Emergency Unit, Acute Cardiac Care Unit, Intensive Cardiac Care Unit
It is the only example in Italy of Emergency Unit exclusively devoted to cardiovascular disease, guaranteeing emergency treatment for acute medical conditions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With 9 beds provided with continuous ECG monitoring and main non-invasive vital indicators, EU treats patients in order of acuity. The unstable patients are hospitalized in the Acute Cardiac Unit, unless they need to be admitted to the CCU, being in a potentially life-threatening condition.In addition, in the last few years it has been created the Chest Pain Unit,focused on the management of chest pain.
The 13-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICCU), with aspecially trained staff,takes care of patients with acute coronary syndrome and their complications, with major acute cardiovascular events and, generally, with high-risk conditions.
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Unit
The Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Division, carries out open, endovascular and hybrid treatments for pathologies related to aortic-arch surgery, descending thoracic aorta, thoracic- abdominal aortic diseases, supra aortic vessel and limb artery pathologies. All types of peripheral vascular of the upper and lower extremities including arterial occlusivediseases and vein disorders are also treated with advanced technology and high-quality clinical staff.Since 2008 it has been opened a new multifunctional operating room combining vascular and endovascular surgery techniques to perform trans-catheter aortic valve implants (TAVI).
Centro Cardiologico Monzino offers:
- Check up or preventive inspection and examination for asymptomatic patients
- Second opinion: elaboration of diagnosis or treatment plan
- Detection in early stage of cardiovascular disease within 6 hours without hospitalization
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Clinical Cardiology
Why Choose Centro Cardiologico Monzino?
Our physicians are dedicated to offering patients the best and latest technological available methods for prevention & cure of cardiovascular diseases
CCM is based on a patient-focused system
Our values are: innovation and a high level of specialization, therapeutic and diagnostic research, healthcare and treatment decisions based on the patient's needs
All patients have equal rights to treatment, regardless of their nationality, sex, race, religion or income.
For more information about the Centro Cardiologico Monzino and the treatments and procedures it offers, click the button below.
Popular Medical Centers
Istituto Auxologico Italiano
With more than 55 years of research and treatment activity, Istituto Auxologico Italiano is one of the top and widespread facilities in Italy offering rehabilitation and innovative surgeries for international patients. The collaboration with international hospitals and research centers worldwide has pushed Istituto Auxologico Italiano as the forerunner in health care in Italy.
- Laparoscopic Colectomy from $32400
- Varicose Veins from $9795
- Coronarography from $14317
- Angioplasty from $18084
- Cardiac Ablation Treatment from $19591
- Heart Pacemaker Procedures from $13563
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal in Milan Italy for 10500.0
- Knee Surgery Package at Instituto Auxologico Italiano in Milan Italy for 21815.0
- Holmium Laser Prostate Surgery in Italy for 14696.0
- Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve in Milan Italy for 20350.0
- Cataract Surgery at Istituto Auxologico Italy for 3391.0
Villa Donatello is a Private Institute, which provides services and performance of diagnosis and treatment, as well an outpatient and inpatient services.
- Hip Replacement Surgery Partial or Total from $28371
- Knee Surgery from $28500
- Meniscus Repair from $4580
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction from $10300
- Roux en Y Gastric Bypass from $13120
- LASIK Surgery from $4600
- Hip replacement in Florence Italy at Villa Donatello for 28371.0
- Safe Laparoscopic Myomectomy in Florence Italy for 18500.0
- Affordable Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in Florence Italy for 10199.0
- Women Healthcheck at Villa Donatello Italy for 1196.0
- Life changing Laparoscopic Roux en Y Gastric Bypass in Florence Italy for 13640.0
Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals
Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals are to be a pioneering institution that is innovative and constantly improving, offering reliable, up-to-date, and patient-centered healthcare in all services provided, continuously training and educating its staff, and putting patients’ and employees’ welfare at the forefront, as well as respect the environment and patient rights.
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) from $3550
- Follicular Unit Extraction FUE from $2000
- Breast Augmentation from $4300
- Tummy Tuck Surgery from $5000
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) from $3500
- Egg Freezing from $400
- IVF Treatment Package in Istanbul Turkey by Group Florence for 4000.0
- Liposuction Package in Istanbul, Turkey by Group Florence for 3500.0
- Breast Reduction in Istanbul, Turkey by Group Florence for 3600.0
- Penile Implant Package by Group Florence in Istanbul, Turkey for 9000.0
- Group Florence Gastric Sleeve Package in Istanbul, Turkey for 5500.0
BHT CLINIC Istanbul Tema Hastanesi
BHT CLINIC Istanbul Tema Hospital is located in Istanbul, Turkey, and offers Plastic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, General Surgery, Spinal Cord Surgery, Dental Care, Hair Transplantation, and other treatments for patients worldwide.
- Follicular Unit Extraction FUE from $2645
- Mommy Makeover from $10300
- Tummy Tuck Surgery from $5600
- Brazilian Butt Lift from $5600
- Gastric Bypass from $7500
- Penile Augmentation from $19950
- Full Mommy Makeover Package in Istanbul, Turkey for 10300.0
- Rhinoplasty Packages in Istanbul, Turkey by BHT Clinic for 4650.0
- Penile Implant Packages in Istanbul, Turkey by BHT Clinic for 15000.0
- All-Inclusive Tummy Tuck Package in Istanbul, Turkey for 5300.0
- All Inclusive FUE Hair Transplant Package in Istanbul Turkey for 2645.0
Discover ADATIP Hospital, the leading healthcare facility in Sakarya, Turkey, renowned for its excellence in gynecology, orthopedic, and cosmetic surgery.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy from $4200
- Gastric Bypass from $4200
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery from $10000
- Knee Replacement Package in Istanbul, Turkey by ADATIP Hospital for 4900.0
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Package by ADATIP Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey for 10000.0
- Gastric Bypass Package by ADATIP in Istanbul, Turkey for 4200.0
- Hip Replacement Package in Istanbul, Turkey by ADATIP Hospital for 11000.0
- ADATIP Hospital Gastric Sleeve Packages in Istanbul, Turkey for 4200.0