7 Proven Ways Supermoms Can Manage Arthritis Pain
By Jyren Imperial
Being a SuperMom is the coolest, hardest and most noble job in the world. As amazing as it is, becoming a mother has its exciting and demanding shifts in life. Moms make a variety of sacrifices to ensure the well-being and comfort of their children. Campbell Soup Company conducted a study and found that 53% of moms don’t get enough sleep; 47% miss out date nights and 47% neglect hobbies or time with friends. Their nutrition is also suffering because 62% don’t always have time to sit down and eat a decent meal causing 53% to struggle in eating healthy food because of dedicating an unbelievable amount of time to their children every day.
New research has found that moms spend 97 hours a week parenting. Can you imagine that all the jobs are done by moms? From nurse, teacher, chef and many more. Therefore, moms are left less than an hour of ‘me time’ per day. Joint pains, back pain and general body pain can be tough for SuperMoms that always support and care for their children.
While arthritis can happen in any joint in the body, doctors say that the ones we used the most are more affected such as hands, feet and the weight-bearing joints like the back, hips, knees, and ankles. The symptoms can vary from Pain, Stiffness, Swelling, Tightness in the joint or cracking and decreased range of motion. Most SuperMoms experience these symptoms while doing some type of physical activity.
There are more than 100 types of arthritis. Osteoarthritis is the common one that develops in joints with overuse. Rheumatoid arthritis is another type that is an autoimmune disease in which your immune system attacks your joints. While the diagnosis is common doctors say treatment varies depending on the cause.
Here are the 7 Proven Ways SuperMoms Can Manage Arthritis Pain:
1. Start arthritis exercise programs - First, you have to understand what type of activity is within your limits and level of exercise is appropriate to your type of arthritis. A mild to moderate exercise can help ease arthritis pain and stiffness such as stretching, walking, water aerobics and flowing movements, such as tai chi and yoga.
2. Achieve to lose some weight - Dropping one pound of weight will result in four pounds of pressure being eliminated from the knees based on a 2005 study of the Arthritis Foundation. A 2010 study from the University of Paris published in the Annals of Rheumatic Disease indicated that weight loss can lessen pain, improve function and lower inflammation levels in the body.
3. Change your eating habits - Eat at least 3 to 4 ounces of fatty fish twice a week because they’re highest in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, which are both beneficial for minimizing the inflammation and symptoms of arthritis. Adding garlic, ginger, broccoli, walnuts, berries, spinach, grapes, and olive oil to your daily meal will bring powerful components that may bring relief from inflammation and arthritis. This food will be beneficial for your overall health because of its disease-fighting powers.
4. Drink lots of water - Adequate water consumption can lessen joint pain and other arthritis symptoms. Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday helps flush out uric acid from your body. Enough water intake can help keep your joints well lubricated and can help prevent gout attacks.
5. Choose to use a mobility aid - Having a device designed to help people who are having difficulty moving around is additional support for people with Arthritis. It will improve and assist in balance when walking and it will decrease the risk of falling.
6. Keep yourself warm at night - A lot of people with arthritis say that their arthritis symptoms get worse when the weather is cold and drizzly. Get started with heat treatments like using heating pads, taking warm baths or soaking yourself in heated water to soothe stiff joints and relax the muscle. Heat strengthens circulation, providing nutrients to your joints.
7. Talk to your doctor - If you are a SuperMom and have been enduring years of joint pain and inflammation it is best to consult with an Integrative doctor to know more about a safe, natural way to experience immediate pain relief called Prolozone Therapy. Prolozone treatment uses ozone gases to treat a variety of ailments, from chronic pain and carpal tunnel syndrome to sprains and strains. It is a form of non-surgical ligament reconstruction and is a permanent treatment for chronic pain.
Find out more about the life-changing benefits of Prolozone therapy at Holistic Integrative Care Center (HICC), Makati City, Philippines. Click the contact button below to send us your queries!