More than 3 character to search
Fact: Heart disease is still the leading cause of death in the Philippines. You can prevent heart disease and heart attacks with the latest medical innovations.
Heart specialists have pointed out the necessary lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of heart ailments. It requires removing the factors that lead to clogged arteries, which may cut off blood flow to the heart. If not examined, conditions such as heart disease will start to show.
Lower the risk of getting heart disease by taking action to improve your overall health. Start your healthy heart journey with these 8 ways to get on track.
1. Stop smoking - We know it's hard, but it's harder to recover from a heart attack or stroke in a hospital bed. People who smoke are more than twice as likely to suffer from a heart attack as nonsmokers. If you smoke, better start quitting. If you know someone in your household that smokes, encourage them to quit as well. Be motivated to quit rather than live with chronic heart disease.
2. Get physically active every day - Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, at least five days a week. Get that heart-pumping aerobic exercise that is good for your cardiovascular health. Being physically active is a major step towards good heart health, and it’s one of the most powerful tasks to have stronger heart muscle.
3. Aim to get and stay at a healthy weight - Losing extra weight is good for your heart. Keeping a healthy weight is vital for your overall health. It can also help you lower high blood pressure, manage diabetes and control many diseases.
4. Control your blood pressure - According to NYU Center for the study of Asian American Health 3 out of 5 Filipinos have hypertension or High Blood Pressure. When your blood pressure is high it makes the heart pump harder that can cause artery walls to swell or burst. Regularly check your blood pressure readings at home, and try to stay in your normal range.
5. Manage stress - Studies have shown a connection between coronary heart disease risk and stress in a person’s life that may increase the risk factors for heart disease and stroke. Stress increases cholesterol levels and blood pressure which will leave a bad impact on your heart health.
6. Limit alcohol intake - Regular alcohol consumption can damage your heart which can cause cardiomyopathy, diseases of the heart muscle. The high use of alcohol can also raise your blood pressure.
7. Follow a heart-healthy diet - You may be eating lots of food, but your body may not be getting enough nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Choose foods low in saturated fat, trans-fat ? , and sodium. Include fruits and vegetables to your diet with fiber-rich whole grains, fish, nuts, etc. The good news is that there is a tasty, nutrient-rich food meal plan by NutriChef that is carefully calculated and professionally made by well- trained certified Holistic Chefs?that fit to what your body needs. Include Nutrichef’s Keto friendly meal plan in your diet to ward off high cholesterol & heart diseases. It is guaranteed that each meal is healthy and appetizing. Try the delicious Keto friendly meal plan that comes with a free dessert.
8. Regular Check-ups are important - One out of every three deaths results from cardiovascular disease and every year heart disease is the most serious health problem in the country. However, many people who had a suspicion of related heart conditions don’t rush to their doctor’s office to address the symptoms. The good news is that we now know a form of complementary therapy that is offered at Holistic Integrative Care Center (HICC) to avoid heart problems and is used by internationally certified Integrative Medicine doctors as an alternative to angioplasty and bypass surgery over the years.
Find out more about Keto-friendly products and services at Holistic Integrative Care Center (HICC), Makati City, Philippines. Click the contact button below to send us your queries!
2019-08-13 / Updated on: 2021-01-08