History of employment:
1991 – 1994: Physiology Department in School of Medicine at Medical University of Silesia in Katowice - assistant lecturer
1993 – present: The Kornel Gibinski Autonomous Public Teaching Hospital at Medical University of Silesia in Katowice - senior assistant lecturer, the Head of the 3 Ward of the Hospital and the Head of Evoked Potentials Lab, the founder and the Head of Stereotaxy Workshop
2001 - present: Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Department of Neurosurgery – adjunct professor
2011 - present: Karkonowskie Medical Center Jelenia Góra, the Head of the Department of Spine Surgery
1. Research to asses possibility of reactivation or improvement of axonal reactivation within peripheral and central nervous system.
2. Introducing multimodal intrasurgical monitoring of neurophysiological functions of patients to the Department of Neurosurgery at MUS, Katowice. And assessing its influence on the operated patients’ condition improvement.
3. Introducing endoscopic treatment in different types of intracranial hydrocefalus and assessing the efficacy of the method in patients of MUS, Katowice.
4. Extending knowledge on diagnostic imaging and pathomorphology of cerebellopontine angle tumour and vestibular nerve schwannoma cases in particular.
5. Assessing therapeutic possibilities in patients with cerebrovascular diseases.
6. Assessing therapeutic possibilities in patients with malignant glioma andprimary lymphoma.
7.Introducing endoscopic treatment in patients with colloid cyst of a third ventricle to MUS, Katowice and assessing the efficacy of the method.
8. Introducing stereotaxic method in brain tumour treatment to MUS, Katowice and conducting scientific research in assessing its usefulness on home patients.
9. Introducing functional neurosurgery and deep brain stimulation (DBS) method to treat patients with Parkinson disease, tremor and dystonia and carrying out research to assess the efficacy of the method in Neurosurgery Department at MUS,Katowice.
10. Elaborating quantitative movement measurements rationalising subjective criteria UPDRS scale on the basis of multimodal movement measurement, in order to improve diagnostics before and after implanting a DBS stimulator in patients with Parkinson disease.