Advanced Sprained Ankle Repair in Mexico
Minimally Invasive Sprained Ankle Repair, Dr. Max Greig Top Orthopedic Surgeon, Sprained Ankle Repair Mexico, Arthroscopic Sprained Ankle Repair, Ankle Reconstruction in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Are you suffering from a swollen ankle and pain? Did you lose your mobility?
The advanced minimally invasive sprained ankle repair in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico will get you back in shape - less pain, more gain!
A sprained ankle is quite a common injury. Around 25000 people sprain their ankles on a daily basis and it can happen to athletes and non athletes alike, adults and children. A sprained ankle may occur when you take part in fitness activities or sports or by simply walking on an uneven surface, or stepping down at an angle.
A ligament is an elastic structure that holds the ankle joint and bones in position. If there is a severe out-turning or in-turning of the foot relative to the ankle, the ligament may stretch beyond their normal length. If the force is too strong, the ligament may also tear, resulting in a popping sound, pain and swelling.
The amount of damage to the ligament determines the grade of sprain.
- Grade 1 sprain: A mild sprain with slight stretching and slight damage to the fibres of the ligament.
- Grade 2 sprain: Partial tearing of the ligament
- Grade 3 sprain: Complete tear of the ligament.
Surgical Treatment for Sprained Ankles:
Surgical Treatment for Ankle Sprains is reserved for injuries that fail to respond properly to nonsurgical treatment and persistent instability over the course of several months.
Surgical options include:
Arthroscopy – A surgeon will look inside the joint and look for any loose fragments of bone or cartilage or any part of the ligament that is stuck in the joint.
Reconstruction – A surgeon will repair the torn ligament with sutures or stitches, or he may even have to use other tendons or ligaments from the foot to repair the sprained ankle.
Doctor Max Greig Testimonial
“I was immediately impressed with Dr. Max Greig, my surgeon in PV, Mexico. His training in Guadalajara as well as Germany and his dual citizenship with the US and Mexico all relieved me of all pre-surgery anxiety.” R. R.
How much does the sprained ankle repair cost?
The sprained ankle repair package includes:
- The surgical intervention and anesthesia.
- Administration of prescribed treatment.
- Hospitalization in a single occupancy room according to the package type.
- Food for the patient during the hospitalization period.
The sprained ankle repair package excludes:
- Transportation and visa expenses.
- Other medical services, laboratory tests, interdisciplinary medical advice and drugs used (provided by the ward) will be charged separately.
- Eventual hotel accommodation.
Note: The hotel reservation can be made by the hospital representative at request.
Advantages to Minimally Invasive Sprained Ankle repair:
- Gain back full range of motion
- Minimally Invasive Surgery means less pain, more gain!
- Lose discomfort while walking
- Quicker recovery time
Ask Dr. Max Greig for a quote and specific details on
a minimally invasive sprained ankle repair in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!