Bone Marrow Transplant for Aplastic Anemia in Bangalore, India
Aplastic Anemia is a rare, life threatening bone marrow failure disorder. The bone marrow is unable to produce enough blood cells (red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets) making the patient feel tired and prone to uncontrolled bleeding and infections. When the number of blood cells is very low, the patient has Severe Aplastic Anemia or SAA.
The most efficient treatment for Aplastic Anemia is bone marrow transplant and there are two types of cells that can be used:
- Autologous transplants use a patient's own blood-forming stem cells, which are collected from the patient's marrow or blood and frozen for later use. Autologous transplants are often not an option for patients with bone marrow failure diseases.
- Allogeneic transplants use cells from a healthy donor (a sibling, or a matched unrelated donor). The donor's tissue type must be a suitable match with the patient's type.
Before the bone marrow transplant the patient has to undergo chemotherapy to kill the diseased marrow and cells. After this the cells are infused into the blood stream, finding their way to the bone marrow, where they start making new, healthy blood cells.
Benefits of Bone Marrow Transplant for Aplastic Anemia
- Success rates ranging from 60% to 80%
- The diseased, non-functioning bone marrow is replaced with healthy one
- The immune system is regenerated being able to fight any residual leukemia or cancerous cells that have not been killed by chemotherapy
- Further damage from a genetic disease process will be prevented
- Increases the patient's chance of living a healthy life
Bone Marrow Transplant for Aplastic Anemia Prices
Autologous BMT $22,500
Allogenic BMT - $28,500
The Standard Package includes:
- Single AC room with attached washroom, TV, Telephone, with facility for one attendant to stay.
- Free Airport pick-up and drop.
- In-house travel related services.
- Unlimited OPD Consultations in first two months of surgery prior appointment.
- General Interpreter service at Reception/enquiry.
- Travel Desk assistance
- Immigration services, if required.
- Charges for inpatient stay in excess of the stipulated nights.
- Additional charges for these days including room and other charges such as pharmacy will be added to the package price.
- Charges for complex cases requiring emergency surgery or other conditions requiring equipment and hospital stays in excess to those specified.
- Visit by any Specialists other than mentioned in the package.
- Attendee’s food.
- Out Patient and Expenses incurred before admission, other than included in the package
- Items of personal nature such as in room soft drinks, telephone charges and guest meals will be charged at the normal rates in effect.
- Take home medications.
- Costs of Investigations additionally required, but not included in the package.
- Treatment of any unrelated illness. Any other additional procedure done will be charged.
Why choose us?
- We offer the latest medical technology, multi-disciplinary capability
- We are the most advanced healthcare leader in India
- We have the country's highest trained team of experts
- We bring together a strong combination of clinical expertise, advanced technology and world-class infrastructure
If you want to find out more about the Bone Marrow Transplant for Aplastic Anemia package in Bangalore, India, please contact us!