Dr. Alberto Luini, Oncology, Breast Cancer Surgeon - Milan, ItalyMilano, Via Ripamonti, 435 (Building 1) Milan, Italy
About - Dr. Alberto Luini
- 1975 - 1994 : assistant of the Division of Surgical Oncology at the National Cancer Institute of Milan (INT). 1994 - deputy Director and later on Co-Director with Prof. Veronesi.
- 2001- present: Director of the Division of Breast Surgery at the IEO.
- 2013 -present: Co-Director of the Breast Program of IEO.
- Secretary of the National Operative Forces on tumors of the colon, ovarian, melanoma, head and neck under the project "Oncology" CNR, and he is a member of European Society of Mastology (EUSOMA).
- Professor at the School of Specialization in General Surgery, University of Milan.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Italian School of Senology (SIS).
- Principal Investigator of the AIRC grants devoted to Breast research in IEO.
- Participated to all the clinical trials directed by Umberto Veronesi on breast conserving surgery.
Dr. Alberto Luini first invented, with Giovanni Paganelli (IEO), the ROLL method of identification of non-palpable breast lesions and he is co-creator in a multidisciplinary team of the "nipple sparing mastectomy" (use of intraoperative radiotherapy for the irradiation of the areola after subcutaneous mastectomy with nipple - modified technique) and intraoperative radiotherapy with electrons (ELIOT) in breast cancer.
The experience of Dr. Alberto Luini, both from the surgical and clinical research point of view, is in the forefront of the development and application of international excellence with all the most advanced techniques in breast surgery.
He participated to the conception and realization (and scientific publication) of all relevant trials in the World on the treatment of breast cancer. As part of the interdisciplinary cooperation with other Divisions and Units in IEO, by directing the Division of Breast Surgery and co-directing the Breast Program he is a leader in the management of the largest and most important international protocols.
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Milan in 1973, specialized in Oncology in 1976 at the University of Genoa.
Director of the Division of Breast Surgery and Co-Director of the Breast Program of IEO.
|Istituto Europeo di Oncologia IEO Prices in Milan Italy||Prices||Enquire|
|Prostate Cancer in Milan, Italy||$16980||Enquire|
PlacidWay.com provides information and travel related services. We do not provide health care services. We provide information solely for informational purposes and do not endorse any particular health care provider or facility or any particular health care service or treatment. We are not affiliated with any health care provider or service and we are not responsible for any health care service. Please consult with your own domestic licensed health care provider before seeking the services of any health care provider you learn about via our site.