By Jyren Imperial
Your liver is one of the most vital organs in your body. It is the second-largest organ that carries 500 demanding jobs from removing all toxins, clearing medication from your body and breaks down all your food.
It is about the size of a football – shielded from damage at the back of the lower right section of your ribs. The liver acts as your body’s chemical processing factory that functions as the following:
Your liver does not mind doing it all even though it may be difficult. So care for your liver and follow these?10 tips to attain a healthier liver.
1. Keep your weight under control - Being overweight takes you a step closer to having a fatty liver which can lead to non-alcoholic fatty liver (NAFLD), one of the quickest forms of liver diseases that lead to cirrhosis and often difficult to detect. Losing weight can have a big impact in reducing liver fat and your liver will thank you.
2. Eat healthily -Stay away from high-calorie meals, saturated fat, refined carbohydrates, and sugar - They’re the comfort foods we most often crave: pasta, pizza, white bread, sweet desserts. Instead, eat foods rich in fiber which comes from fresh fruits, vegetables, whole-grain bread, and cereals. Lessen your red meat intake and only consume low-fat milk and tiny amounts of cheese. Vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, and fish have all the good fats that are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. Keeping your body hydrated with water is the key to keeping your liver active so drink up!
3. Keep physically active - when you consistently exercise it will help your body burn Triglycerides, the most common type of fat in your body to reduce liver fat.
4. Moderately drink or quit alcohol - Alcoholic beverages can damage liver cells and injure your liver. Seek advice from your doctor about what amount of alcohol is right for you.
5. Avoid sharing personal hygiene items - Imagine sharing razors, toothbrushes and nail clippers that carry invisible layers of blood or contaminated.
6. Sip coffee regularly - Study shows that drinking coffee can lower your risk of developing liver disease. 7. Don't get in contact or inhale toxins. ?A few cleaning, aerosol and insecticide products have chemicals that damage your liver. Cigarettes have 10 % chemical additives that also damage your liver, so quit smoking.
8. Always wash your hands - Always wash with warm water and soap promptly after using the bathroom, before handling or eating food.
9. Be mindful in following directions on all medications - Taking medicines incorrectly can alarmingly hurt your liver. Don’t mix alcohol with other drugs even if they’re not taken at the same time.
10. Ask your doctor about a “Lung and Liver Care” - Tell your doctor about your care for your liver and get the best treatment as soon as possible with Integrative medicine. Holistic Integrative Care Center (HICC) provides a lung and liver program care called Healthy Glow Fully-loaded Glutathione Drip. It’s safe and an effective treatment for many lung and liver diseases. Dr. Imelda Edodollon, the medical director and medical doctor of HICC identifies and treats the root cause of an illness and develop health programmes with natural treatments to a healthy well-being. Healthy Glow has Glutathione, the mother of all antioxidants that helps liver to remove toxins from our body and longevity.
Find out more about liver care at Holistic Integrative Care Center (HICC), Makati City, Philippines. Click the contact button below to send us your queries!