Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) Surgery for Astigmatism in Thailand
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) is an advanced and painless method of lasik/eyecare for natural lens removal. During RLE surgery, a tiny ultrasonic probe breaks up the natural lens and draws it away. Because the incision required is only about 3 mm, this technique is often called small-incision surgery. It encourages rapid healing and a fast return to full activity.
RLE Surgery in Thailand
The new lens remains permanently in place and is neither seen or felt by the patient. The lens restores the most natural vision available as well as good depth perception and full peripheral vision.
Patients who are interested in Refractive Lens Exchange(RLE) surgery need to go through a thorough preoperative eye examination to determine when to do the surgery and which type of Intra Ocular Lens should be used.
Preparation for a Complete Eye Examination
- Patients who are interested in RLE surgery need to go through a thorough preoperative eye examination and should take the following precautions:
- If you are a contact lens wearer, they should be removed at least 3 days for soft contact lens and at least 7 days for hard, semi-hard or rigid gas permeable lens prior to the appointment date.
- Due to the blurry vision that results after the dilatation of the pupil, it is recommended that the patient be accompanied by a relative or close friend.
- Dilation causes the eyes to become extremely light sensitive and the patient might not be able to drive a vehicle after dilating the pupil.
- Bring all your current medications on the appointment. The doctor may recommend that you stop taking certain medications at least a few days prior to the operation. But it may be fine to continue other important medications.
- Bring sunglasses - it is highly recommended.
- It will take 2-3 hours for the complete eye examination.
Price of RLE Eye Surgery
The approximate cost of RLE eye surgery in Thailand starts from $2,870 onwards.
Types of Intra Ocular Lens:
- Multifocal IOL is a lens with multi circle, providing a simultaneous view of both distance vision and near vision. The patient might need some period of time to adjust their vision.
- Multifocal Toric IOL is a lens with multi circle and also correct astigmatism, therefore, the patients with astigmatism after surgery, will no longer need the glasses, providing simultaneous view of both distance vision and near vision.
Refractive Lens Exchange RLE Treatment for Astigmatism
For international patients, we recommend you to stay in the city for at least 3-4 weeks. The doctor will make a schedule for your post-operative checkups for 1 day and 1 week. After the operation, you will get a medical certificate for further check-up at your local area.
Find the packages and offers for the best Refractive Lens Exchange Surgery in Thailand. For More info click the button below.