Vitrectomy Surgery at Istituto Auxologico Milan, Italy
Need to reduce vision loss and bleeding caused by retinal detachment?
Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy, one of Italy’s premier medical centre that offers innovative surgical procedures is now offering affordable vitrectomy for eye diseases such as retinal detachment and vitreous hemorrhage.
What is Vitrectomy Surgery?
Vitrectomy is a type of surgery that removes all or some vitreous humor in the middle of the eye. Sometimes performed as an outpatient surgery using local anesthesia, the surgery may last 2 to 3 hours. Based on health and eye assessment, your eye doctor (ophthalmologist) will determine if the surgery can be done with local or general anesthesia.
Eye conditions that may benefit from Vitrectomy:
- Retinal detachment (the eye’s lining peels lose)
- Macular pucker (formation of unhealthy tissue in the macula)
- Diabetic retinopathy (formation of bleeding blood vessels)
- Macular holes (shrinking of vitreous humor)
- Vitreous hemorrhage (bleeding in the eye caused by retinal tears)
- Vitreous floaters (deposits of various sizes which can obstruct vision)
Cost of Vitrectomy at Instituto Auxologico:
Some eye centres offer treatment packages that include airport pickup and drop-off, accommodations, laboratory work-up and diagnostics, take home medications, aside from the procedure and hospital fees. The vitrectomy treatment package at Istituto Auxologico Italiano costs $9,068 USD for 1 day hospitalization.
Great Benefits of Vitrectomy:
- Prevents and repairs traction retinal detachment.
- Repairs large tears inside the retina.
- Reduces vision loss due to bleeding in the vitreous gel (vitreous hemorrhage)
- Treats severe scar tissue formation
- Improves visual acuity
- Restores some vision
- Prevents further detachment
Vitrectomy at Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy can help prevent Diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment and Vitreous hemorrhage! Contact us for further details!