Affordable and Eminent Weight Loss Surgery in Poland
Bariatric surgery is a safe and effective treatment option for those affected by severe obesity. It is a recognized and accepted approach for both weight-loss and many of the conditions that occur as a result of severe obesity; however, not all people affected by severe obesity will qualify for bariatric surgery.
Although the laparoscopic procedure has increasingly gained in popularity and frequency, open procedures are still used in practice today. The approach will depend on the surgeon experience as well as your surgical and medical history.
Bariatric surgery contributes to weight loss in two main ways:
- Restriction - surgery is used to physically limit the amount of food the stomach can hold, which limits the number of calories you can eat.
- Malabsorption - surgery is used to shorten or bypass part of the small intestine, which reduces the amount of calories and nutrients the body absorbs.
Common Types of weight Loss Surgery
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion
Factors Affecting Package Price
You may find that the same provider is offering different Weight Loss Surgery packages in Poland. This happens due to relative factors such as:
- Age of the patient that adds on to the complexity
- Body Mass Index of the patient
- Health and medical issues
- Facilities provided in the center
- Quality of materials used in the procedure
The doctor at the clinic would ask to go for tests to ascertain the condition of your health. Based on that, the doctor may consult over the phone and explain about the Weight Loss Surgery.
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
- Within two to three years after the operation, bariatric surgery usually results in a weight-loss of 10 to 35 percent of total body weight, depending on the chosen procedure.
- Co-morbidities, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and others are often reduced or may go into remission.
- Most will find they require fewer medicines throughout time and many will discontinue their medicines completely.
- The risks of staying obese are far more dangerous than the surgery risks.
- Long-term remission for type 2 diabetes
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Relief from depression
- Relief from Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia
- Relief from Joint Pain and Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Eliminate chances of Obesity Associated Cancer
- Relief from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Infertility
- Relief from Fatty liver disease
- Eliminate obstructive sleep apnea
- Joint pain relief
- Improve fertility
- Alleviate other medical conditions
- Improved quality of Life
Complexity Level: High
Cost: The average cost of Weight Loss Surgery in Poland is around $3600*.
Note: *Final prices are determined after physical evaluation and laboratory reports analysis.
Length of Stay: 5-10 days
- All hospital fees with night stay
- Pre and post-operative consultations
- All medical fees (doctor fees, anesthesiologist and nursing staff)
- Post-surgery garment
- Hotel or recovery house
- Preoperative lab work
List of required pre-op tests:
- Blood tests including CBC, blood urea nitrogen, electrolytes, creatinine, etc
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Chest X-ray
- Pelvic ultrasound
Note: The laboratory tests are done at least 7-10 days prior to the procedure. The particular tests are prescribed after a complete physical evaluation of the patient.
Payment Options: Cash, credit card, wire transfer
Note: The center may require a money deposit once a patient decides to book the surgery.
How to Get There
It is quite easy to get in Poland as all the major cities of the country are well connected with all major parts of the world. Flights are frequent and traveling is easy.
For more details on Weight Loss Surgery in Poland, click the button below: