Affordable IntraGastric Balloon Surgery in Mexico
The gastric balloon, sometimes called the intragastric balloon is a soft, silicone balloon that is inserted into the stomach and filled with sterile saline. This is a non-surgical procedure, done without general anesthesia. The balloon is usually left in the stomach for six months and is sometimes done as preparation for other weight-loss surgeries.
Table of Content
Advantages of Gastric Balloon in Mexico
- Non-invasive procedure
- Short recovery period
- Safer and cheaper alternative compared to other procedures
- Lower risks of complications
- The patient can return to work in 1-2 days
- Can help achieve long-term weight loss if exercise and diet and are added to the daily routine
- Improves obesity-related conditions
Gastric Balloon Surgery Cost in Mexico
The average cost of a Gastric Balloon Surgery in Mexico is around $3,000 whereas, the same procedure in the United States and Canada starts from $8,000.
Gastric Balloon Cost
Gastric Balloon Cost Comparison with USA and Canada
Factors that Affect Package Price for Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico
You may find that the same provider is offering different package prices for Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico. This happens due to relative factors such as:
- Age and gender of the patient
- Medical conditions, like diabetes and lupus
- Hormonal changes
- The response of the body to the pre-op tests
- Weight of the body
- Experience of the Surgeon
- Post-Operative Care
The doctor at the clinic would ask to go for laboratory tests to ascertain the problem and plan your treatment course of action. Based on that, the doctor may consult over the phone and explain the plan for Gastric Balloon.
Gastric Balloon Procedure
Gastric Balloon is a nonsurgical technique during which a deflated silicone balloon is inserted into the patient's stomach. Inside the stomach, the balloon will be filled with being inflated, closed tightly, and released in the stomach, filing a significant part of it. That is why the patient will feel full after ingesting only a small amount of food.
The silicone balloon will occupy about two-thirds of the stomach. After six months the balloon will be removed because its quality will be affected by the acidic environment in which it stays. The procedure does not take more than 30 minutes and the patient will be able to return home the next day if there are no complications.
Note: Final prices are determined after physical evaluation and laboratory reports analysis.
Length to Stay: 2-3 days
Note: The duration may vary depending upon the condition of the patient and the chosen procedure of treatment
IntraGastric Balloon Package Inclusions in Mexico
- All hospital fees with night stay
- Pre and post-operative consultations
- All medical fees (doctor fees, anesthesiologist, and nursing staff)
- Post-surgery garment
IntraGastric Balloon Package Exclusions in Mexico
- Hotel or recovery house
- Preoperative lab work
Complexity Level: Medium
List of Required Pre-Op Tests for IntraGastric Balloon
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN)
- Test for cortisol, creatinine, electrolytes, prolactin, and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
- Cardiac catheterization
- Chest X-ray
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Pap smear
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Pulmonary function tests
- Persantine thallium scan
Note: The laboratory tests are done at least 7-10 days prior to the procedure. The particular tests are prescribed after a complete physical evaluation of the patient.
Payment Options: Cash, credit card, wire transfer
Note: The center may require a money deposit once a patient decides to book the surgery.
Top Bariatric Surgeon in Mexico
Certification and Achievements
- A young bariatric surgeon who has been practicing for more than 8 years
- More than 6,000 bariatric operations performed
- Connect with the American College of Surgeons
- Certified by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Certified by Baja California College of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Certified by the Mexican College of Surgery
- Working in CER Hospital in Tijuana Mexico
- Former Red Cross Trauma Surgeon
- The surgeon's partner is his wife Dr. Monica Valencia
- On Friday, he took patient questions and answers on Instagram Live
Why Choose Mexico for Gastric Balloon Surgery?
Mexico is an increasingly popular destination for gastric balloon surgery due to its experienced surgeons and affordable prices. Gastric balloon surgery in Mexico typically costs a fraction of the price of surgery in developed countries such as the United States, making it an attractive option for people who are looking to lose weight without breaking the bank.
Gastric Balloon in Mexico Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Gastric Balloon?
A Gastric Balloon is a temporary, silicone balloon that is placed in the stomach through a minimally invasive endoscopic procedure. Once in place, the balloon is filled with saline to take up space in the stomach, creating a feeling of fullness and helping patients to eat less and lose weight.
How long does the Gastric Balloon stay in place?
The Gastric Balloon typically stays in place for six months. After six months, the balloon is removed through another minimally invasive endoscopic procedure.
How much weight can I expect to lose with the Gastric Balloon?
Weight loss varies from patient to patient, but on average, patients lose 20-30% of their excess body weight within six months of having the Gastric Balloon placed. Additionally, many patients experience improvements in obesity-related health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea.
Is the Gastric Balloon procedure safe?
Yes, the Gastric Balloon procedure is safe and has been proven to be an effective weight loss tool.
Mexico has some of the best Gastric Balloon surgeons in the world. Contact us today to book a consultation with one of our experienced surgeons.