Top Meniscus Repair Surgery in Warsaw, Poland
The Carolina Medical Center is one of the biggest and most modern orthopaedic hospitals in Europe. The Carolina Medical Center provides the highest standard of medical services to its patients, not only by using the newest equipment and technology, but also by giving patients the utmost comfort and reassurance during their recovery.
- Nutritional Medicine
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Diagnostic Centre for Physical Movement
- Emergency Room Services
- National Health Fund Services
- Children and adult orthopaedics and traumatology
- Sports traumatology
- General and vascular surgery
- Children and youth sports certification
What is ACL repair?
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is a ligament that connects the patella, or kneecap to the upper portion of the tibia, or front shinbone. The anterior cruciate ligament is one of four ligaments found in the knee joint.
Injury to this ligament is one of the most common in individuals involved in sports such as:
The anterior cruciate ligament is extremely important in knee joint stability and can be damaged through fast changes in direction as well as pivoting or twisting movements. In most cases, activity, and not age factors are the determining factor on the type of treatment plan engaged for damaged, torn or ruptured anterior cruciate ligaments.
What is Meniscus Repair?
Also known as meniscal repair, meniscus repair is a type of orthopedic surgery that repairs cartilage tears in the knee. The meniscus is a piece of cartilage made up of two separate disks; one called the medial meniscus and the other the lateral meniscus. The meniscus cartilage acts like a shock absorber that distributes weight evenly across the knee joint. Tears to the meniscus or cartilage often occur from twisting movements when the knee goes one way and the foot goes the other, such as occurs in skiing, tennis, or many contact sports.
- All consultations with specialists
- All required diagnostic tests, i.e. X-rays, MRI , CT , Lab tests
- All costs associated with the operation (surgeons’ fees, anesthesia, medications, materials)
- Hospitalization costs
- Intensive physiotherapy after the operation (2 weeks)
- Removal of the stitches (1-2 weeks after the surgery depending on doctor’s recommendations)
- Intensive medical care after the operation
- Internet access (patient's own computer)
- TV and telephone service in every room
- En-suite rooms
- 4 days
- Take medicine for the time given by the operating doctor
- After returning to home country – strictly follow rehabilitation instructions given by the operating doctor
- Follow-up 6 and 12 weeks after discharge. The patient will be requested to take X-ray or MRI in home country and send them to Carolina Medical Center.
If you want to find out more about the Meniscus Repair Surgery, please contact us!