Erectile Dysfunction (also known as impotence) refers to the constant inability of a man to maintain an erection long enough to be satisfied with intercourse.
It affects teenagers, adults and elderly, not only because it directly relates to procreation, but because fulfilled sexuality prolongs life and decisively influences its quality. When it does occur, this disorder is a constant source of stress, negatively affecting the male’s relationships, both with the outside world and with himself.
The treatments for Erectile Dysfunction are: sexual psychotherapy, medications, injections, vacuum devices, penile implants and vascular surgery.
When treating Erectile Dysfunction, the patient should consider a few key changes in his lifestyle. It is advised to quit smoking, lose the extra weight (if obesity or overweight is a factor), reduce the amount of alcohol, eliminate stressors and make physical exercise (but not before consulting a cardiologist).
There are plenty of clinics that treat this disease and offer customized packages to their international patients. Before choosing, you have to be aware of all the relevant information.
- Are JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited
- Treat their patients according to international standards
- Have a friendly, helpful staff that is always there to guide you and take care of you
- Use up-to-date technology
- Apply up-to-date treatments and procedures
- Customize treatment programs for every patient
- Are fully equipped
- Have certified, highly trained doctors with international recognition and extended experience
- Have the ISO 2001 quality management certification
- Have an International Patient Centre