Gift Yourself a Hair Transplantation Holiday Package in Istanbul, Turkey!
Turkey is Situated in the narrow strait between the Marmara Sea and the Black Sea, Istanbul presents itself as the perfect holiday destination for Europeans and Middle Easterners. Deep cultural roots along with an interesting history, Istanbul beckons tourists, business travelers, and the occasional wanderer to an engaging and enthralling tête-è-tête.
The temperate oceanic climate is a far cry from the harsh Norwegian winters while the wet and snowy winters of Istanbul sounds definitely pleasant than the burning sands of Saudi Arabia. Yes, Istanbul is a great holiday destination but did you know it offers some of the best facilities for hair transplantation?
Do I need a Hair Transplantation treatment?
If you are happy with your hair then you don?t need a hair transplantation treatment but if you are suffering from male pattern baldness or excessive hair fall or hair loss then this treatment can be quite a boon in itself!
The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) 2015 Practice Census report reveals that the extrapolated worldwide volume of surgical hair restoration procedures performed in 2015 was 112,409 in the USA, 143,239 in Asia, 56,883 in Africa/Middle East, and 46,849 in Europe. The report also revealed that male patients for hair transplantation were more as compared to their female counterpart.
Why has hair transplantation become such a trend? This is simply because hair loss has become an everyday issue across the world and the bad news is that medicines and shampoos don?t always work! In such a scenario, hair transplantation is the only logical answer.
Today, there are several options for hair transplantation available to both men and women like a PlacidWay medical expert reveals, "Hair transplantation and Aesthetic clinics provide new age hi-tech solutions for age old health problems!"
How big is the Hair loss problem across the world?
Hair loss is a big problem across the world for both men and women. According to a survey conducted by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, almost 40% of the men at the age of 35 reveal a deep receding hairline and thinning of hair. Here are some mind boggling statistics:
- 35 million men and 21 million women in the USA experience hair loss each year
- 10 million men suffer from male pattern baldness in the UK
- 46% of women try to keep their hair loss problems a secret
- 40% of women go through visible hair loss by age 40
- Today, women in the age group of 25 to 35 are experiencing thinning of hair more than ever before
- Cause of 90% of hair loss is genetic while 70% of women are succumbing to hair loss due to a stress response condition called Telogen Effluvium (type of non-scarring alopecia)
- 40% of women across the world are experiencing thinning of hair due to menopause
Of course, hair loss can happen due to many reasons apart from genetics and this includes:
- Female pattern hair loss that is also known as androgenetic alopecia
- Male pattern baldness that is medically termed as alopecia
- Some of the other causes in women leading to hair loss or baldness includes thyroid disorders, pregnancy, autoimmune diseases, anemia, seborrheic dermatitis, different types of skin ailments, dry scalp conditions, menopause, and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) among others.
- Physical trauma or stress caused by illness or accidents can trigger hair loss and this condition is often termed as telogen effluvium.
- Some of the other everyday triggers for hair loss in both men and women include excess consumption of vitamin A, lack of protein in food, smoking and other addiction, depression, use of chemicals in the hair, and work stress!
Istanbul is a vibrant city that offers every a pulsating mix of Europe and Asian cultures quite a refreshing way. It is the gateway to Turkey and is a destination where people from Europe, Middle East, and other parts of the world come to enjoy their moment of peace and relaxation. Turkish bath like Suleymaniye Hamam and Galatasaray Hamami are places of absolute bliss.
In-between your relaxation, Turkish bath, and sightseeing, you can always hop into one of the hair transplantation clinics for a quick consultation with some of the top practitioners like Dr. Levent Acar or Dr. Melike Kulahci. The good news is that the entire surgery will take typically 5-6 hours and is considered as a simple out-patient procedure.
Some of the definite advantages of getting your hair transplantation surgery done at Istanbul include:
Top Surgeons at your Disposal
Although hair transplantation surgery is a simple procedure, it is important to consult a surgeon specializing in FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction). After all, you don't want to really end up looking like someone straight out of an outlandish Mohawk storybook!
In Istanbul, you will find some of the top surgeons in the world with experience and expertise in conducting successful hair transplantation. What more, they are assisted by an equally top-notch team of doctors, nurses and technicians. The surgeons conducting this surgery are certified by the Turkish Board of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Easy on the Pocket
The price of hair transplantation in the UK is definitely going to blow a hole in your pocket. Here's what Washington Post has to say:
In fact, Istanbul is such a hot spot for hair transplantation that almost 5,000 people visit each month to get this surgery done!
A state of the art technique is used for hair transplantation in Istanbul and it is known as FUE (follicular unit extraction). Follicular unit extraction involves extraction of hair follicles from the donor area of your scalp without requiring linear incision. The hair follicles taken from the donor area are then transplanted. The entire procedure requires the use of highly advanced 1-mm hollow needles. This type of extraction not only leads to quicker recovery time for the patient but also lowers post-operative discomfort significantly.
The other types of hair transplantation procedures that patients can opt for include:
- FUT - Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Eyebrow Transplantation
- Hair Density boost
- Hairline Corrective Surgery
"One solution fits all" doesn't really work here and the needs of each patient is different from the other. Hence, the hair transplantation plans are tailored according to the needs and convenience of patients!
Hair transplantation doesn?t just add hair to your scalp or prevents hair loss; it transforms your entire personality! After all, who doesn?t want to sway their hair with the cool breeze or simply show off their new angular fringe hairstyle!
Are you ready for a holiday in Istanbul?
If you want to know more, you can always contact us and ask for more info, or get a free quote.