What 10 Questions to Ask your Surgeon before PRK Eye Surgery in Antalya, Turkey
PRK Laser Surgery Turkey, PRK Sye Surgery Procedure, PRK Surgery Clinic in Antalya, Eye Surgeons Turkey, Eye Care Abroad, Antalya, Turkey
Questions to Ask your Surgeon before PRK Eye Surgery in Turkey
PhotoRefractive Keratectomy or PRK is a laser eye surgery that helps to correct problems like astigmatism, farsightedness and moderate nearsightedness. Using a laser, the cornea is reshaped so that light focuses effectively on the retina for improving vision. The major difference of PRK with LASIK surgery is that the former does not use cutting laser or a knife for creating a flap in the cornea. Cornea's surface has a thin layer that is removed and reshaped using PRK surgery for corrrecting the vision.
At a time, PRK surgery is carried out on one eye and it takes around ten minutes to complete. In comparison to LASIK, full vision takes longer to achieve with PRK surgery, which could be around three months. However, patients can get back to work after 48 hours generally after the surgery.
Questions You Should Ask a Doctor before Going for PRK Eye Surgery in Antalya, Turkey
Here is a list of ten questions that you can ask your doctor before getting PRK:
- Is PRK safer than LASIK surgery? Is there any potential risk of PRK as well?
- Can I have PRK surgeries on my both eyes at the same time?
- Do I still need glasses after the surgery?
- Do I need to stop taking or change any of my medicines?
- What type of anesthesia will I have? Will I feel any pain during the surgery?
- Is my health condition alright for this surgery?
- What activities can I do while I recover? When will I be able to drive?
- Can I shower or bathe at home?
- How long have you been doing PRK surgery in Antalya, Turkey?
- What after-care measures I need to follow post surgery in Antalya, Turkey?
Benefits of PRK Eye Surgery in Antalya, Turkey
When you choose Antalya, Turkey for your PRK surgery, you will enjoy several benefits like:
- Improves the patient's vision
- Technically, PRK is simpler than LASIK. It utilizes the same modern systems of laser treatment. That is why some refractive surgeons suggest PRK to LASIK.
- Some patients who have thinner corneas or irregularities with the corneal surface may opt for PRK.
- Nearsightedness can be accurately cured with PRK. After one year of the surgery, 90% of PRK patients approximately have 20/20 vision without contact lenses or glasses and 95% have 20/40 or better vision without contacts or glasses.
- Increases the patient's independence.
- Get an affordable treatment within world-class facilities
- Experienced surgeons and medical team
Thus, it is a great choice to go through PRK eye surgery in Antalya, Turkey. If you want to search for the best clinics, doctors and packages for the surgery, let PlacidWay assist you.
Please feel free to click the button below for requesting any query regarding the procedure.
2019-08-09 / Updated on: 2021-11-02