Obesity Surgery Package in Turkey
Get the Best Obesity Surgery in Turkey at Affordable Prices
Medical tourism makes high quality and affordable weight loss surgery available to anyone. Turkey is one of the best destinations for patients who need bariatric surgery!
Bariatric surgery may be an option for adults with severe obesity, whose body mass index (BMI), a measure of height in relation to weight, is over 40, and who have serious health problems linked to obesity.
Bariatric surgery includes a variety of procedures; weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or by removing a part of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy, biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).
Procedures can be grouped into three main categories:
- Predominantly malabsorptive - rearrange and/or partially remove the patient’s digestive system
- Predominantly restrictive - reduce oral intake by limiting gastric volume, produce early satiety
- Mixed - apply both techniques simultaneously
If you follow diet and exercise recommendations, you can keep most of the weight off. You will also need medical follow-up for the rest of your life.
Best candidates for Bariatric Surgery are patients who...
- Can’t lose weight or keep it off using other methods
- Are committed to lifelong healthy eating, physical activity, and medical follow-up
- Have extreme obesity (BMI > 40)
- Have serious health problems linked to obesity, such as type 2 diabetes or sleep apnea
- Fully understand the risks
What is the Cost of Bariatric Surgery in Turkey?
The starting price of bariatric surgery in Turkey is around $3,500. In the United States, the approximate cost of gastric bypass surgery is around $20,000, which shows the procedure in Turkey can be significantly cheaper.
|Gastric Bypass Surgery||Average Price|
Obesity surgery in Turkey
Every year more and more people travel to Turkey to have weight loss surgery. They choose medical tourism for obtaining treatment that may be far too expensive, in terms of time and money, in their home countries, and bariatric surgery is less expensive in Turkey.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
- Long term weight-loss, when combined with a comprehensive treatment plan
- Increases the quality of life
- Improves or resolves many obesity-related conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, sleep apnea, and more
- High reduction in mortality rates due to obesity
- Decreases depression and improves social and emotional well-being
Having surgery to produce weight loss is a serious decision. Get in touch with us and we will help you make the right decision!