Dr. Kayhan Turan, Orthopedic surgeon, Spinal cord injury specialist - Bursa, Turkey
About - Dr. Kayhan Turan
Dr. Kayhan Turan is a highly trained and experienced orthopedic surgeon at Turan Turan Health Group, who has been at the forefront of robotic-assisted arthroplasty for many years. As founder and head-chief of Turan & Turan Health Group as well as the Robotic Orthopedic Surgery Center, he has been instrumental in introducing robotic-assisted total knee and hip arthroplasty to Turkey.
With more than 25 years of experience in orthopedics and traumatology, he has been credited with performing more than 2000 robotic-assisted knee and hip arthroplasties - making him the most experienced surgeon in this field in both Turkey and its surrounding region. Dr. Kayhan Turan is a highly respected name within the medical community, and his track record of successful surgeries speaks volumes to both his experience and skill as an orthopedic surgeon.
If you are in need of a reliable and experienced robotic-assisted arthroplasty surgeon, then look no further than Dr. Kayhan Turan. His commitment to excellence will ensure that your experience is nothing short of exceptional. Dr. Kayhan Turan began his medical journey in 1985, when he enrolled at İstanbul University Çapa Medical Faculty. After graduating in 1992, he moved on to Uludağ University Medical Faculty where he completed further training in orthopedics and traumatology.
In 1997, Dr. Kayhan Turan was offered an externship at Northwestern University Medical School - Chicago, Orthopedic Surgery Department. During this time, Dr. Kayhan Turan furthered his expertise and knowledge of robotic-assisted arthroplasty, a skill that would help him become one of the most sought-after specialists for orthopedic surgery in Bursa, Turkey.
Dr. Kayhan Turan is the expert in robotic knee and hip replacement surgery, joint prosthesis surgery, arthroscopic surgery, and regenerative orthopedics. He and his team are experienced in the latest robotic joint replacement systems that use a kinematic approach to knee replacement surgery. They also use the Journey II Knee Prosthesis System to provide patients with enhanced outcomes in their surgical treatments. Click contact us button below to schedule your appointment with Dr. Kayhan Turan:
- The founder and head-chief of Turan & Turan Health Group as well as the Robotic Orthopedic Surgery Center.
- The first orthopedic surgeon who performed a robotic-assisted total knee and hip arthroplasty in Turkey.
- He is also the most experienced surgeon in the field of robotic-assisted arthroplasty in Turkey and the whole region.
- He performed more than 2000 knees and hip robotic-assisted arthroplasty.
- He has more than 25 years of experience in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Robotic Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery
- Joint Prosthesis Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Regenerative Orthopedics
- Robotic Joint Replacement Systems
- Kinematic Approach of Knee Replacement Surgery
- Journey II Knee Prosthesis System
- Northwestern University Medical School - Chicago (1997)
- Orthopedic Surgery Department
- Uludag University Medical Faculty(1993 - 1998)
- Orthopedics and Traumatology Department
- İstanbul University Capa Medical Faculty (1985 - 1992)
Detailed Education Information:
- Kayhan TURAN, MD started to work as a Research Assistant Doctor in the Orthopedics and Traumatology Department of Uludag University Faculty of Medicine in 1993, after graduating from Istanbul University Istanbul Faculty of Medicine in 1992.
- Dr. Kayhan TURAN completed his Orthopedics and Traumatology Specialization training at Uludağ University Faculty of Medicine in 1998.
- In 1997, at the Northwestern University School of Medicine Sports Orthopedics clinic in Chicago, United States, he worked with James Hill, MD and Gordon Nuber, MD and prepared his specialty thesis on patients who had shoulder surgery here. During his stay in Chicago, he attended courses as a staff assistant at the American Orthopedic Learning Center.
- Kayhan Turan, MD was working in Bursa Cekirge State Hospital Orthopedics Clinic between 1999-2007 as well as he has been the medical director of the Turan&Turan Bone Muscle Joint Health Centersince 1999 and the Robotic Orthopedic Surgery Center which established in 2016.
Congress and Courses Information:
- In 2001, at the Northwestern University School of Medicine Orthopedics Clinic, He worked with Gordon Nuber, MD in the shoulder arthroscopy field for a month.
- In 2002, at the Northwestern University School of Medicine Orthopedics Clinic, He increased his knowledge on foot and ankle surgery alongside Armen S. Kelikian, MD.
- In 2003 and 2004 in Mainz, Germany, He participated in complex knee arthroscopy surgeries at Jakob Grevenstein's clinic.
- In the Sports Orthopedics Clinic at Rush University School of Medicine in Chicago, He was with Brian Cole, MD as an observer doctor.
- Kayhan Turan, who started hip arthroscopy surgeries in 1999, attended the surgeries performed by Christopher Larson, MD in Twin Cities Orthopedic Center in Minneapolis, USA in 2014 to observe advanced techniques in arthroscopic hip surgery. After that, he became one of the pioneers of arthroscopic hip surgeries in Turkey.
- In 2012 and 2013, he worked with Stephen Howell, MD, who developed the revolutionary kinematic knee prosthesis surgery method in total knee joint replacement in Sacramento, USA. After learning this surgical technique from him, he became the first physician to apply the kinematic method in knee replacement surgeries in Turkey. Kayhan TURAN, MD performed robotic total knee replacement surgery for the first time in Turkey in 2016 as well as he started to apply robotic total hip replacement surgeries for the first time in 2018. He has performed more than 2000 robotic knees and hips joint replacement surgeries until this time. Kayhan Turan, MD also gave robotic knee replacement surgery training to dozens of orthopedic specialists from Turkey and abroad. He still continues these training programs at TT Orthopedic Academy
- The Director of Turan Turan Health Group
- The Director of TT Orthopedics Academy
- The Director of Robotic Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Orthopedic Robotic Surgery Association President
- Turkish Medical Association (TTB)
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR)
- Turkish Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (TOTBID)
|Orthopedic Surgery Cost in Turkey - Turan & Turan Health Center||Prices||Enquire|
|Shoulder Rotator Cuff Repair in Bursa, Turkey||$6000||Enquire|
|Knee Replacement Total or Partial in Bursa, Turkey||$12000||Enquire|
|Hip Replacement Surgery Partial or Total in Bursa, Turkey||$8500||Enquire|
|Meniscus Repair in Bursa, Turkey||$6000||Enquire|
|ACL Repair in Bursa, Turkey||$6000||Enquire|
|Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction in Bursa, Turkey||$6000||Enquire|
|Bilateral Knee Replacement Surgery in Bursa, Turkey||$22000||Enquire|
|Ankle Fusion in Bursa, Turkey||$5000||Enquire|
|Shoulder Bankart Procedure in Bursa, Turkey||$5500||Enquire|
|Total Shoulder Replacement Arthroplasty in Bursa, Turkey||$9500||Enquire|
PlacidWay.com provides information and travel related services. We do not provide health care services. We provide information solely for informational purposes and do not endorse any particular health care provider or facility or any particular health care service or treatment. We are not affiliated with any health care provider or service and we are not responsible for any health care service. Please consult with your own domestic licensed health care provider before seeking the services of any health care provider you learn about via our site.