State Of The Art Keratoconus Treatment via Perfect Vision in Cancun Mexico
Best Keratoconus Packages, Cheap Keratoconus Packages, Compare Keratoconus Packages, Keratoconus Center, Cheap Keratoconus Clinic, Affordable Keratoconus Center, Low Cost Keratoconus Packages, Best Keratoconus Doctors, Best Keratoconus Surgeons, Cancun, Mexico
Welcome to Perfect Vision Clinic
The diagnosis of keratoconus occurs when the cornea of the eye becomes thin and starts to slowly bulge outward into a cone shape. The cornea is the part of the eye that is clear and dome shaped. This situation within the eye creates blurred vision, some sensitivity to light or glare. Most of the time keratoconus affects both eyes and is usually diagnoses in young people, around the age of 10 to 25 years.
As this situation develops over time the use of special glasses or soft contact lens become less successful as a treatment. Often, if further contact lenses are not successful, a corneal transplant may be indicated to resolve the problem.
Procedure & Recovery
Any vision problems interrupt your daily activities and may affect your freedom of movement if the condition becomes serious enough to create a safety hazard while driving. Treatment may alleviate difficulties with night time vision, decrease the number of times an individual will have to change eye glass or contact lens prescription and will prevent worsening vision.
Depending on severity and length of time with current symptoms, several tests may be run to make a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan. For less severe cases, some options include but are not limited to:
- Rigid gas permeable contact lens
- Eyeglasses or soft contact lenses, which are the most common treatments for this condition.
- Hybrid Lens which are firmer in the center and softer around the edges.
Many keratoconus patients have progressive deterioration of vision. With time-framed glasses become inefficient and intolerant contact lens. Even these patients often end up in corneal transplantation.
Keratoconus is a condition where the cornea undergoes such deformation that eventually no lenses that can correct this. Corneal rings are small implants that are inserted into the cornea to regularize the deformation caused by keratoconus, slow the progression of it and improve vision. The objective is to stop progressive deformity of keratoconus prevent transplantation, improve the patient's vision and hence quality of life.
What is Included?
Treatment of keratoconus with corneal rings is a modern and effective method of improving visual progressive deterioration in these patients.
The package includes everything necessary for the opration to be successful:
CROSS Linking for Keratoconus $1,100 USD.
Corneal Rings for keratoconus $2,300 USD.
This procedure is performed in about 20 minutes. It's painless due to the local anesthesia, in the form of drops. Recover lasts at least 24 hours after treatment.
Perfect Vision started its activity in 2005. Our institute is dedicated to advanced treatments for:
- Cataracts with the latest technology.
At Our Center the Laser Visual Correction procedure is extremely safe. Our excimer laser system has a lot of options and multiple security devices that will never allow the surgeon to make any treatment or procedure if all the parameters are not working perfect.
Why Choose us?
In Perfect Vision Clinic you will find experienced doctors and assistance team. Dr. Carlos Eduardo Alcocer Lamm is an ophthalmic surgeon, graduated from Asociacion Para Evitar La Ceguera en Mexico, which is the Largest Eye Hospital in Mexico and with fellowship training in the same institution and McGill University in Refractive Surgery and Opthalmic Pathology.
Carlos Alcocer Lamm, MD
- Graduated from medical school at Universidad Anahuac in Mexico City with honors.
- He did his internship at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital in Florida.
- Dr. Alcocer continued his education and did his ophthalmological residency at the prestigious Asociacion Para Evitar la Ceguera in Mexico City.
- Dr. Alcocer did special training and fellowship programs in Ophthalmic Pathology at McGill University in Montreal, Canada and Cornea and Refractive Surgery at Asociacion Para Evitar la Ceguera en Mexico.
- Dr. Alcocer has performed over 100 persbyopia corrections for hypeopic patients with tremendous success with the VISX international program, prior to its FDA approval in the USA.