The best orthopedic surgeon in Bangalore, India should be licensed as a medical doctor and Orthopedic surgeon. Besides this, orthopedic surgeons must have the following credentials:
- At least 10 years of clinical experience
- Performed the surgical procedure hundreds of times
- Have undergone specialized training in their areas of expertise.
- Applying for accredited associations such as The Indian Medical Association, The Indian Orthopaedic Association, or The Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons.
Associations Orthopedic Surgeons Should Belong to:
- Delhi Medical Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- Medical Council of India
- Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS), India
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India
The Best Orthopedic Surgeons in Bangalore, India
Dr. Vidyadhara S. | Manipal Hospital
Dr. Vidyadhara S. specializes in Robotic Surgery, Endoscopic Spine Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery. He has completed over 2,000 spinal surgeries until December of 2009. He has also performed the first-ever Sacro-pelvic fixation for severe neuromuscular scoliosis of over 100 degrees in Karnataka, India in the same year.
Dr. Anil Raheja | Nova Specialty Surgery
Dr. Anil Raheja has over 18 years of clinical experience in performing Orthopedic surgeries, with a specialization in Spine, Arthroscopy & Trauma, and Joint Replacement. He is trained and experienced in Hongkong, South Korea, and the United Kingdom. He has performed 10,000 surgeries and he is one of the few in India who performs Joint Replacement Surgeries (Hip, Knee & Shoulder) using minimally invasive, non-muscle cutting approaches that provide better patient recovery and shorter healing time.
Dr. Gautam Gopalrow Kodikal | Nova Specialty Surgery
Dr. Gautam Gopalrow Kodikal has been a medical practitioner since 1977. He has earned his medical degree from the Armed Forces Medical College in Pune and his Orthopedic Specialization from the Christian Medical College in Ludhiana, Punjab, India. He has performed Fresh and Late Surgical Trauma cases, Arthroscopy, Arthoplasty, Pediatric Orthopedics since 1985 and Knee & Hip Replacements since 1988.
Dr. Mahesh Reddy | Nova Specialty Surgery
Dr. Mahesh Reddy obtained his medical degree in Orthopedics from the University of Liverpool, UK. He is also the co-founder and Director of Nova Medical Centers in Bangalore, India. He is among the foremost specialists in shoulder surgery.
Dr. Ramneek Mahajan | Nova Specialty Surgery
Dr. Ramneek Mahajan completed his schooling from DPS R.K Puram and MBBS at GMC Aurangabad. Dr. Mahajan is an expert in Joint Replacement Surgery for the hips, knees, shoulders and elbows specifically managing complex primary joint replacement and revision.
Questions to ask an Orthopedic Surgeon
- Are you licensed or board-certified?
- How many orthopedic surgeries have you done before in your hospital or clinic?
- What are the success rates of the surgeries you have performed?
- What are the risks associated with the surgery you have recommended?
- What type of anesthesia will be used? The risks of this type of anesthesia?
- How much improvement and post-operative pain should I expect after my surgery?
- If an implant will be used, what kind and of implant and why did you choose it?
- What medications should I continue and discontinue prior to my surgery?
- Do I need for a blood transfusion during my surgery?
- How long should I need to stay in the hospital for recovery?
- What are the complications after surgery?
- Should I need to go to a rehabilitative center, days after my surgery?
- What are the signs of these complications?
- What are the activities I will be allowed to perform after my surgery? And for how long?
- Will I be able to go back to work immediately after my surgery?
- If not, how long should I take a leave from work?
- When can I resume my normal daily activities? Will I be allowed to drive?
- When is my follow-up visit after my hospital discharge?
Orthopedic Surgery in India
India’s orthopedic surgery expertise is renowned all over the world as the leading destination for hip and knee replacements.
Orthopedic Surgery is a kind of medical specialization that concentrates on diseases, injuries, and malformations of the musculo-skeletal system. This includes the joints, bones, tendons, muscles, ligaments, and nerves of our body. Orthopedists care for the newborn who has clubfoot, the athlete who needs ligament or tendon repair, or an elderly person who needs arthroscopic surgery or even hip replacement.